Municipality in the province of Treviso, extends on both banks of the river Livenza, on the border with Friuli Venezia Giulia. The village consists of a series of buildings along a main road, at one end of which is the only gateway entrance to the ancient centre, fortunately has remained intact. Several well preserved buildings have interesting medieval and Renaissance decorative elements.
It is attested that the first permanent settlement was built in the III century B.C. where today is situated the district of Settimo, cited in a document dating from about the year 1000.
In the Middle Ages, Portobuffolè submitted the jurisdiction of different authorities, both civil and religious. In the second half of the XII century it was submitted to the town of Treviso and about a hundred years later it was assigned to Ceneda. In the early XIV century was ceded to the da Camino, and subsequently became part of the Venetian Serenissima Republic: the Venetian rule and the presence of the Livenza, along which it was built, it became an important river port and commercial center. The subsequent historical events are the same that characterized the history of the whole province of Treviso, which was conquered by Napoleon, submitted to the Habsburg and finally annexed to the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Cathedral, dedicated to St. Mark the Evangelist and St. Prosdocimo Bishop, probably originally used as a synagogue, in the XV century it was converted to the Catholic Church. The façade of great simplicity was restored in the second half of the XIX century and inside features a single nave plan with a ceiling decorated with paintings of saints, an XVIII century altar, two side altars, a XV century crucifix and a XVII century choir. The church has a valuable organ, assembled in the second half of the XVIII century;
- the Church of San Rocco with the Madonna of the Chair with its famous XVI century wooden sculpture;
- the Oratory of Santa Teresa, built by Cellini;
- the XVI century Church of the Servants;
- Gate Friuli, one of the two original gates of the city, still remained intact. It consists of a depressed arch, surmounted by the coat of arms of Venice;
- the Municipal Tower, dating from the X century, is the last of the original seven towers of the castle;
- the Town Hall with a pretty porch and loggia;
- the Friuli Bridge built in 1780.