Tezze sul Brenta is a municipality in the province of Vicenza, located in a flat area, on the border with Padua and Treviso.
The area was certainly inhabited since ancient times and benefited from the Roman colonization and the construction of the road Postojna, not far from where later arose the town centre. Documents of the XIV century attest the presence of small settlements in the area of the River Brenta, while the foundation of a town centre goes back only to the early XIX century. In the early years of the XV the area was subject to the government of Venice and incorporated in the County of Bassano del Grappa. Large areas were drained and were introduced to different cultures. After the fall of the Serenissima, the lands were conquered by Napoleon, first and later became an acquisition of the Habsburg Empire, until they were finally annexed to the Kingdom of Italy, a time when the Territory of Bassano del Grappa was divided among three municipalities, including Tezze.
- the Benedictine Church of Saint Lucia, of ancient origins, was built in 1540, has a classical façade outlined by four half-supporting a pediment. The central doorway is surmounted by a lunette, the lateral ones by a pediment, handles all the presence of two niches with statues. The building consists of a central body and two wings joined to the central one by archways. The Bell Tower, that flanks the church, stands on a truncated pyramid and is bordered by horizontal cornices in a different color to the rest of the building. The belfry has a single arched window and topped by a spire. The building contains several valuable XVI century frescoes, artwork of the artist;
- the Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Rocco;
- the Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus;
- the XVII century Villa Dolfin, which was later restored and is surrounded by a vast park.