Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Veneto Rovigo, Vicenza and Treviso Preganziol

Most viewed in Preganziol

  • Villa Pace Park Hotel Bolognese Veneto

    The Villa Pace Park Hotel Bolognese, a Villa Veneta (Villa of the state of Veneto) of the late 1800's has been transformed in a refined superior four star hotel, located along the Terraglio, the ancient Napoleonic road that links Treviso, a wonderful...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Preganziol

Description

The town's name is composed of two words: the first term derives from the word "prato" (lawn), while the second, from the Germanic name "Golz", or from the Veneto dialect "Gazo" (forest). In fact, in the past, documents attest that the area of Preganziol was densely covered with woods.
It is a municipality in the province of Treviso, located on a plain crossed by numerous rivers, on the border with the territory of the provincial capital.
The discovery of Roman remains attest the hypothesize that the first stable settlements dated back to the time of colonization by the Empire, to whom is attributed the division into centuries of the farmlands and their reclamation from the marshland. The town is mentioned for the first time in a document of the second half of the XII century. Tied in Treviso, it was directly involved in clashes with Padua, and later was destroyed by the troops leaded by the Della Scala. In the first half of the XIV century the town, with Treviso, submitted the domain of the Serenissima Republic of Venice and lived a historical period of tranquility in which it developed, also thanks to the construction of numerous luxury noble villas which belonged to several rich Venetian merchants. The Venetian domination ended with conquest of Napoleon, a period which was followed by the Austrian government until 1866, the year of its annexation to the Kingdom of Italy.

Attractions:
- the Parish Church of St. Urban, of ancient foundation, was rebuilt several times over the centuries. The last refurbishment dates back to the XVIII century, while the façade was redesigned, in the XX century by the artist Beni. Inside are preserved a precious XIX century wooden statue group realized by Besarel, depicting the Virgin, a fresco and a painting, both of the XVIII century , attributed to the artist Canal, and other artworks of the artist Pin;
- Villa Franchetti with its later added barns, built along the Terraglio, between the late XVII and early XVIII centuries. It features a series of three-light windows on the façade and a gable topped by statues. Over the years it has hosted numerous artists, including Canova and Foscolo. Its elegant interior is decorated with XVIII century stucco decorations and is surrounded by a vast park that is home to several plant species, some of which are from Africa;
- Villa La Colombina;
- Villa Tasso;
- Villa Marchese;
- Villa Vicini;
- Villa Bianchi;
- Casa dal Bo.

Map

This town web page has been visited 27,765 times.

Choose language

italiano

english