The origins of the town's name are uncertain: for some historians, it derives from Herculaneum, while for others it seems to be taken from the Latin person's name "Arcon", to which adding the suffix "-anus" indicates the ownership. Municipality in the province of Vicenza, between the Berici hills, the territory of Arcugnago covers an area of hills, valleys and Lake of Fimon.
The discovery of several prehistoric artifacts, including a settlement, attest the presence of man, in the area of Arcugnago, since Neolithic times. In 157 B.C. the Vicenza area was annexed to the possessions of Rome and in the Middle Ages it was incorporated into the Marca of Aquileia and Verona. In the XII century, the city of Vicenza was proclaimed municipality and created together with other cities of the area, the Veronese League. From 1100 to 1300 the capital of Vicenza was subjected to various lords, including the Scala and the Visconti. The first documents that attest the presence of a major settlement dates back to 1185, while in the earliest years of the XV century the province of Vicenza subdued to the Serenissima. The Venetian rule came to an end with the conquest of Napoleon: while with the Treaty of Campoformio, the territories were ceded to Austria. In 1848 the Radetzky's army invaded the area with the aim to end the anti-Austrian riots and attacked and destroyed Arcugnago.
- the Parish Church of Santa Giustina, of ancient foundation, it was enlarged in the first half of the XIX century. It features a Classic style with a single nave plan and the façade is adorned with pilasters, engraved stone decorations and a large tympanum. Within three Baroque altars, a XV century stone bas-relief depicting Christ Patiens and a Madonna and Child from the XVI century, that after a restoration, was transferred to Vicenza in the Diocesan Museum. The Bell Tower base features a truncated pyramid shaped base and rectangular body decorated with pilasters, topped by an octagonal drum;
- the XIV century Church of Santa Margherita of the Berici, inside which is preserved a precious cycle of frescoes by Battista from Vicenza;
- the early XVIII century Oratory of St. Peter, which houses a contemporary Nativity scene realized by the artist Cassetti;
- the XVI century Church of Santa Maria della Neve and San Rocco;
- the XVIII century Oratory of Our Lady of Peace;
- the Oratory of Santa Teresa, whose construction dates back to 1771;
- the Oratory of the Holy Family, built in 1752;
- the Oratory of San Gaetano, built in 1790;
- the XV century Villa Anti, in late Gothic style;
- the XVII century Villa Bornigni;
- Villa Colonna;
- Villa Calvi;
- the pentagonal shaped watchtower.