Casale sul Sile is a municipality in the province of Treviso, located on a plain crossed by numerous rivers, such as the Sile (which gives the village its name), the rio Bigonzo, the rio Serva, the Riolo and the Servetto. The district is on the border with the province of Venice. The city's economy, mainly devoted to agricultural activities, features a strong craft and industrial incoming.
The area was already inhabited at the times of the Euganei, as evidenced by the discovery of a stone hammer in the district of Conscio. The first documents that report the name of the town date back to the early XII century. The original centre was erected around the old castle, located in a strategic position on the right bank of the river Sile. The centre became a famous pilgrimage destination, when in the XV century, after the miraculous apparition of the Virgin to a crippled shepherd and his subsequent immediate recovery, this person acquired the power to predict the future. In the later centuries, Casale sul Sile shared the same historical events of the other centers in the area of Treviso.
- the Church of Our Lady of Conscio, which was built in 1466 in memory of the apparition of the Virgin. The current building was rebuilt in 1570 and features a Romanesque façade, enriched with pilasters, arches and a large rose window. Within it features a single nave with three altars, the largest of these is topped by a wooden group sculpture and surrounded by XVI century wooden statues depicting the Evangelists;
- the Parich Church, which inside preserves a ceiling superbly frescoed by the artist Tiepolo;
- the Watchtower of the Carraresi, is what remains of the ancient castle used by the noble Camino family to defend themselves from the attacks of the Venetian troops. It originally had a square plan with a single tower and was enlarged with the construction of a second tower by the Carraresi. The fortress was restored in the first half of the XV century by the Canal, at the time mayor of Treviso, but during the XIX century it was completely destroyed. At present of the whole structure remains only the watchtower;
- the XV century Villa Corner dall'Aglio, located in the district of Lughignano;
- Villa Bembo-Caliari;
- the XVII century Villa Canossa;
- Villa Mantovani-Orsetti.