The town's name derives from the Latin "Opitergium" (Market Square). Municipality in the province of Treviso, located on the river Monticano, in an area almost totally flat, Oderzo is washed by several rivers, some natural, others artificial, this has made the soil extremely fertile, so that today it is a center devoted mainly to agriculture and industrial activities.
Of Paleovenitian origins, the first settlement raised in the XI century B.C. for its particular location between the sea and the mountains of Cansiglio and the presence of water courses. The area was colonized by the Romans and assumed considerable importance, becoming Municipium; it declined as a result of the dispersion of the Roman Empire and the devastation brought by the Barbarians. The town experienced a period of gradual recovery after the year 1000, becoming a centre ruled by several powerful local families. From the second half of the XIV century until the Napoleonic conquest, it became part of the dominion of Venice and later became part of the Habsburg Empire and only in 1866 was submitted to the Kingdom of Italy. During the First World War Oderzo suffered significant damage and was also directly involved in the events of World War II.
- the Cathedral dedicated to St. John the Baptist is in late Gothic style, has been remodeled at a later date. The gabled façade is preceded by a staircase and broken by a portal surmounted by a crescent, a circular window and two tall, narrow lancet windows that give light even to the sides. In general, the effect is of great moderation and balance, the only quirk of the pinnacles and arches that embellish the statement following the line of the roof, and the blind arches on the sides that are followed. The building has a trait that makes it very original: the shadow of the pinnacle center, projected on the floor of the square where is located, indicates the date. The building has a single nave and preserves a work of Palma il Giovane, frescoes of the Venetian School and paintings of the artist Amalteo. The bell tower has a square base pairs of pilasters on the main body, the belfry has two floors separated by a prominent cornice and surmounted by a pyramidal spire;
- the Church of St Mary Magdalene dates from the year 1000;
- the Church of the Blessed Bernardino Tomitano, built at the end of the XVII century;
- the XVI century Villa Emo-Capodilista with frescoes of Zenotti and Fasolo;
- the Civic Archaeological Museum;
- the Museum Brandolini and Giol;
- the Lodge of the Town Hall;
- the archaeological sites;
- Piazza Grande;
- the Art Gallery;
- the Torresòn;
- the Torresin.