Historians attest that the town's name derives from the Latin words "roncum" (cleared land) and "frontulum" (leaf), or settlement between the woods. Refrontolo is a municipality in the province of Treviso, located on a hill and surrounded by green vineyards, which produce the excellent Marzemino, a sweet DOC wine. The area, which stretches along the valley of Crevada, offers various trails and pathways between a naturalistic, historical and scenic environment.
The area, inhabited since ancient times, was also colonized by the Romans. After the fall of the Roman Empire the inhabitants were subjected first to the Lombards, then to the domain of the bishop of Belluno. The first historical text that mentions the presence of a town dates back to 1075. In the second half of the XIII century the town was granted to Treviso and then it was subjected to the Serenissima Republic of Venice and to the accounts of Collalto, up until the conquest of the Napoleonic troops, period in which Refrontolo was proclaimed independent municipality. Later followed a period of Austrian domain, until the entire area was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy.
- the Church of Santa Margherita, of which traces evidence its existence since the XI century, was rebuilt in the second half of the XV century. The building overlooks the town centre and offers a splendid panorama. It features a neo-Classical façade with side lancet windows and one larger central one and four half-columns with capitals supporting a small pediment, that covers the main portal. The building is flanked by a Bell Tower, built in the first half of the XVII, which is embellished by a sundial;
- the Croda, an old mill on the river Lierza;
- the XVII century Villa Ticozzi Aliprandi;
- the XVII century Villa Spada Battaglia Peretti;
- the XVII century Villa Uberti Lorenzon.