Hotel Locanda Vivaldi was inaugurated at the end of 1999, after painstaking and long restructuring works on the building adjacent to the Church of Pietà.
In 1703 Antonio Vivaldi was ordained a priest and started to work as a violin teacher in the Pietà conservatory, where he remained until 1740.
After only six months of priesthood, Vivaldi no longer wished to celebrate mass even if he left on his long outfit; he was nicknamed the Red Priest and Goldoni explained that he was called so because of his fire-red hair colour. According to other resource, this name was given to him because of his permanence at the Pietà Institute, where the "daughters" of this hospice, his pupils, used to wear scarlet colour.
Hotel Locanda Vivaldi is distinguished by its kindness, professionalism and quality services offered by the staff who are always available for our guests in order to satisfy any their desire.
- 27 rooms with all the comfort: shower or Jacuzzi bath - satellite TV - air conditioning and central heating - minibar - safe - piped music;
- 24h reception.
The staff will be glad to book (on request) the private transferral services with a personal assistant, guided visits and excursions in the city and on the islands, tickets for concerts, events, performances, theatre, restaurant bookings, baby-sitting and laundry services. We will be also be happy to organise for you your most special events: parties, dinners, anniversaries, birthdays, weddings or any other occasions.
- Breakfast served: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., in our breakfast hall or in your room without a price surcharge;
- Room and porterage service: from 7:15 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.;
- Restaurant on the terrace: from April to October, 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.;
- Internet Point in the lounge is on disposal to all the guests;
- Meeting room (with a maximum capacity for 25 people) equipped with plasma screen and audio-video system. It is possible to organise coffee breaks, business breakfasts, cocktail and other events;
- Terrace with a view over the Basin of St Mark on the third floor (maximum capacity 30 people) and with a bar and a restaurant from April to October;
- Winter lounge "Bar Gritti".
All 27 rooms of the hotel are decorated following the rules of the Venetian style and tradition: precious wall fabrics, curtains and drapes, oriental carpets, stuccos, gildings, Murano glass and vases, chandeliers and appliqués created by glassblowing Venetian masters enrich the rooms and make them even more welcoming when they already offer your comfort and services such as a satellite TV, musical channels with cable radio, a telephone with direct external line, air-conditioning, a safe, a mini-bar.
All the bathrooms include hairdryers, showers or Jacuzzi baths.