There are two theories on the origins of the town's name: the first attest that it derives from the Latin word "povoledum" (poplar), while the second one, from "poa" (a plant common in the area). Municipality in the province of Vicenza, located on the left bank of the River Brenta, on the border with the territory of Treviso, the town developed mainly in the plain, but its territories includes part of Mount Asolone at 1500 meters above sea level. The surrounding hills offer numerous trails and picturesque views of the landscape. The area enjoys a favorable climate for the presence of the mountains that surround it and shelter the centre from the winds, without subtracting it from the light of the sunshine. The city's economy is traditionally linked to the extraction and processing of marble from Mount Gusella and the Praolin Massif, but is also devoted to the cultivation of olive trees and the production of excellent olive oil.
The first document that reports of the existence of the center is contained in a deed dating from 917, when Pove belonged to the Lords of Treviso. In the XII century it passed under the jurisdiction of Vicenza. Until the second half of the XIII century, the town and its inhabitants shared the same historical events that affected the noble Family of Ezzelini. In later centuries, it was scenario of clashes with the inhabitants of the nearby town of Romano d'Ezzelino for the domain of the surrounding lands.
- the Parish Church of San Vigilio, built in the XVIII century and restored in a later period. It features a neoclassical façade, embellished with four half-columns with capitals resting on pedestals. The portal is surmounted by a lunette, that dominates the whole frame with a gable. The building is flanked by a bell tower with a truncated pyramid shape and a square base, moved by pilasters and enriched by a large clock but no cusp. Inside are preserved XVIII century altars and XIX century frescoes of the artist De Min, a XV century wooden crucifix and some valuable altarpieces depicted by the artists Da Ponte and Del Bassano:
- the Church of St. Peter, of ancient origins, was restored in the XVI century. It looks very simple and features inside three XVII century altars, embellished by XVIII century altarpieces;
- the Church of St. Bartholomew built around year 1000;
- the Bastia (country mansion), whose remains are visible on the mountain side. It was built by Ezzelini and restored between the second half of the XIV and the beginning of the XV centuries;
- the Stonemason Museum.