Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Veneto Rovigo, Vicenza and Treviso Trecenta


Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail




The town's name has Latin roots, and derives from "triginta centum", the distance between the main center and the nearby city of Rimini. Municipality in the province of Rovigo, located on the banks of Canalbianco, Trecenta is a rural center characterized by the presence of numerous "gorghi", ponds fed by springs and rich in typical lake flora and fauna.
Originally an Etruscan settlement, the territory was conquered by the Romans in 163 B.C., who built here a military camp. After the fall of the Roman Empire, the area was invaded by barbarian tribes and became the first possession of the Estensi family, who later ceded the lands to the Vatican State, while the history of Trecenta was tied to the family Uguccione dei Contrari for a long time. At the end of the XVIII century the territories were conquered by French troops led by Napoleon and submitted their domain, until in 1866 it was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy. In 1951 the city was devastated by a disastrous flood of the Po, which led to a certain exodus.

- the Parish Church of St. George the Martyr, built in the XVII century to a design of the architect Santini. Its façade is articulated on two levels divided by a conspicuous horizontal frame. Both the lower and upper floored are handled by pilasters, niches with statues and columns, two pairs of pinnacles finish the lower part of the nave that adorn the prospectus on the upper body, on top of everything a pediment with statues. The bell tower at the rear, features an open belfry with mullioned windows and decorated with a small tympanum and is surmounted by a second cell and a bulb-shaped roof;
- the Church of San Maurelio in Sariano, within which is located the chapel of the Uguccione with frescoes of the XIV century;
- the Oratory of Our Lady of Consolation;
- the Gorghi, seven lakes formed by the disastrous floods of the past and constitute an environment rich in flora and fauna;
- Villa Trebbi, built in the second half of the XVIII century;
- Palazzo Pepoli, which dates back to medieval times;
- the Watchtower of the second half of the XIX century;
- Casa Pepoli.


This town web page has been visited 21,961 times.

Choose language