The first part of the village's name derives from the presence in the territories of a castle, while the second part has two main thesis : one refers to the presence of the Goths, that settled here in the V century, while a second one alludes to the Lombard word "gudaga" (bush), referring to the thick woods that covered the area.
Municipality in the province of Treviso, located between the hills of Asolo and the central plain of Veneto, the area of Castello di Godego is on the border with the province of Padua. The city's economy, once based solely on its agricultural production, since the 60s of the XX century, has been improved by the implementation of several important industrial activities.
The discovery in the Motte area of a sort of dam created on the river Muson, dating from the Bronze Age, evidence the presence of settlements already in pre-Roman times. Rome colonized these territories along the Via Postojna and divided the land into centuries (farms assigned to the valorous centurions at the end of their carriers). Of this period several archaeological remains has been unearthed. After the Fall of the Empire, the area was exposed to invasion of the Lombards and the Ostrogoths installed a military garrison here. The town was reported for the first time in a document of 972. In the XII century, the Padovani invaded the Marquisate of Treviso and conquered Castello di Godego, destroying the main centre. Rebuilt, it was destroyed a second time during the next century, when the same Padovani clashed with Ezzelino Romano, new ruler of the area. In the second half of the XIII century the fief was assigned to noble family of Camposampiero. In 1339 it was incorporated into the territories ruled by the Serenissima Republic of Venice, a rich period of development urban growth, until the advent of Napoleon.
- the Church entitled to Maria Nascente and San Pietro, built in the IV century, it is one of the oldest in the diocese of Treviso. The current structure is the result of a remake of the XVIII century and was ranked as an Abbey in 1754;
- the Shrine of Our Lady of the Crosetta;
- the Church of St. Anthony;
- Villa Priuli, which was built by the homonymous family in the XVII century and decorated by Paolo Piazza da Castelfranco. Seat of the Civic Museum, it preserves material from the Bronze Age and the period of Roman colonization;
- the XVIII century Villa Beltrame, built on medieval foundations, is part of a larger complex including dependencies and barns;
- the XIX century Villa Caprera, built in neo-Classical style;
- the XVII century Villa Renier-Foscarino;
- the XVII century Villa Negri;
- Villa Martini with its large park;
- the Roman Cemetery;
- Villa Garzoni