Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Lombardy Lombardy's River Po Canneto Pavese

More About

Here you can find info and tips about the area you are visiting.

Most viewed in Canneto Pavese

  • Andrea Calvi Wines Lombardy

    Ingredients of the highest quality are required to create a truly great wine. The Canneto Pavese and Montù Beccaria properties of the Calvi Winery guarantee this quality at all levels: from the vine itself, to the prime position of the vineyards and soil...

  • Picchioni Wines Lombardia

    Oltrepò Pavese is a triangle of land located in Lombardy and wedged between the Liguria, Emilia-Romagna and Piedmont regions, which forms the northern end of the Appennini mountains. Due to the region's strategic location, in the past centuries it was...

  • Fiamberti Wines Lombardia

    The art of wine making has always been the main occupation of the Fiambertis, who live on the gorgeous hills of the Oltrepò area in Northern Italy. This is mentioned in a lot of documents that trace back up to two centuries ago. Over the decades anyway...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Canneto Pavese

Description

A small town if the Oltrepò Pavese area, situated between the valleys Versa and Scuropasso, Canneto Pavese is an important vine-growing location. It officially appears for the first time in a document of the XII century (although the area was already inhabited since ancient times by populations of Ligurian origins), a deed of sale in which Rolando Agarasca of Figaro donated to Ardengo of "Caneto" some properties located in the district (today Brunette). Like most centres of Oltrepò Pavese area it was ruled by the Visconti and later by the Sforza. The town passed under the domination of the French, the Spanish and the Austrians from 1713 to 1743, when, following the Treaty of Worms, the fief was ceded by Maria Theresa of Austria to Charles Emmanuel III, King of Sardinia.

Not to miss:
- the ruins of the Castle of Montuè, built in the XI century in a strategic location between the fortress of Montalino and castle of Cigognola. Having survived centuries of devastation, it was demolished in 1920 to obtain building material. Today, unfortunately, remain only part of the underground and dungeons, constructed of brick, and a few ruins.
- the remains of the castle Malpaga, dating from the XIV century, in the estate Malpaga;
- The remains of the Church of St. Marcellino, dating from the XIV century and rebuilt in the XVII century;
- The Parish Church of the XII century and entitled to Saints Marcellino, Pietro and Erasmo. It features a brick façade and an impressive bell tower, the main altar in Baroque style, derived from the demolished church of San Domenico in Cremona and embellished by polychrome marbles and precious stones and surmounted by a small temple.
- the Well of St. Antonio, in the district Malaspina, appears as a brick artifact;
- the springs of Recoaro, housed in a magnificent Art Nouveau building.

Map

This town web page has been visited 32,193 times.

Choose language

italiano

english