Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Lombardy Lombardy's River Po San Giorgio di Mantova

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

San Giorgio di Mantova

Description

It is a town in the province of Mantua, located on the left bank of the river Mincio, on the outskirts of the provincial capital. The town's name derives from its location near the suburb of Mantua, and from the fact that the centre developed around a church built in 859, entitled to St. George.
Among the sites of interest, not to miss:
- the Parish Church dedicated to the Holy Name of Mary, in the village of Villanova Maiardina, a square plan church, built in 1727, which preserves a valuable painting by Felice Campi of the second half of the XVIII century;
- the City Hall (XVII century);
- the XVIII century church of San Michele, in the village of Mottella;
- the Oratory of San Giovanni Bono;
- the Palazzo Sordi;
- the Palazzo Benedini;
- the Count Civita;
- the Madonnina.

Map

This town web page has been visited 25,957 times.

Choose language

italiano

english