Town of the Oltrepò Pavese area, crossed by the river Verzate, located on the border between the Po Valley the Appennino Ligure, Santa Giulietta was inhabited since ancient times from the Ligurian and Gauls and later it became a Roman settlement. The first official documents date back to year 1000, in which the town is mentioned as one of the most important wine production centers of the whole Region. It belonged to the fief of Broni (XIII century), the territory was later ceded to the lords Beccaria in the XV century and to the Trotto and the Isimbardi in the XVIII century. The town ruled over the nearby areas during the reign of Savoy and it distinguished itself for the commitments in the partisan struggle during the Second World War.
Among the sites of major interest, not to miss:
- the Castle, in the homonymous village, dating from the XII century. Of the original construction remains only the winery (formerly used as prisons). Today it is a sumptuous villa, rebuilt in XIX century in Neoclassical style;
- the Parish Church of the castle, dedicated to the Greek martyr St. Julitta, dating from 1200;
- the Parish of St. Colombano.