This small area named Colli Orientali del Friuli, dating back to the Eocene era, with its microclimate and its exposure, is characterised by a sudden and clear diversity from the rest of the territory of Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
That is the reason why this D.O.C. (guaranteed quality) area has been used for producing great wines that are known all over the world.
The Colutta Farm -"Bandut" is named after an ancient piece of land bought by Antonio Colutta in the early 1900´s, which now belongs to Giorgio Colutta.
It produces quality wines in its vineyards of Buttrio, Manzano and Rosazzo, which belong to the prestigious "Parco della vite e del vino" (Vine and wine park) in the Colli Orientali del Friuli.
The vineyard belonging to the farm extends on a 18-hectare surface. A work of reorganisation and renovation of the vineyards has started, and the vine number has increased to 5,000/6,000 stumps per hectare, depending on the different grounds and varieties.
Our farm was mentioned in all major guides and in the most important reviews of the wine sector such as "Wine spectator" and "Decanter".
We are about to obtain the ISO 9001 Certification to guarantee the Full Quality of Product and Service, from the land to the customer.
Wine is first of all made in the vineyard! We put our best care in order to obtain the best grapes, using the techniques that respect the environment and the health of the consumer, according to the laws of the European Union.
The harvest is for us a moment of extreme importance and great joy. The work in the vineyard during the entire year comes to a peak in this delicate phase. During the harvest, which is strictly carried out by hand, our vintagers called "vendemmiatori" select the best grapes to be brought to the winery. It is the end of a long wait, sometimes anxious depending on the season, since hail or rain can in a few seconds ruin the fruits of our hard work.
But this is the beauty of having a "factory" made of stars, sun and grapevines!
In 1999 begun the refurbishment of the old "Villa Padronale" dating back to the 1700´s, where the center of the farm is located. We were able to bring the old stone walls and ceiling beams to light, giving the house a unique look. During the renovation we also built the vinification cellar, the "barriqueria", or barrel cellar and a state-of-the-art bottling plant.