Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Friuli Venezia Giulia Friuli's Hinterland Caneva


Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail




Caneva is a municipality in the province of Pordenone, located in the high Livenza, on the border with Veneto. The territory, which extends up to 1100 meters and involves the Cansiglio woods and caves of calcium carbonate, is formed by a main town and some villages that are clearly distinguishable from each other. Home to many agricultural, industrial, artisanal, mining. On the hill, overlooking the Venetian plain, are the remains of the medieval castle. Caneva has a long culinary tradition is famous for producing red wines and Verdiso Caneva, a white wine made from indigenous grapes.
The discovery of the remains of a camp dating to approximately 11,000 years before Christ testify that the area has been inhabited since the eras dating. The two main hills, Col de Fer and Col San Martino, formed two settlements: one was transformed into Roman "castrum". During the Middle Ages the favorable position accelerated its development: the center was held by the Church of Aquileia, patriarchal domination, the Da Camino and various local lords. In the fourteenth century there was the occupation by Carresi, lords of Padua, and in the fifteenth century Venetian rule.

The parish church was built in 1822 in the Lombard style. Sixteenth of a triptych depicting the saints Francesco da Milano Rocco, Sebastian and Nicholas.
The church of St. Thomas has two paintings of the sixteenth century by Francesco da Milano, a fresco of De Min nineteenth century and works of the nineteenth and twentieth century.
The Parish of Sharon keeps a wooden crucifix of the fifteenth century and a desk holy oil painting by Francesco da Milano.
The church of Saint Lucia, situated near the castle, dates from the eleventh century.
The church of Our Lady of Caramel in Steven.
The castle is perched on a rocky hill, there are only few remains of walls and towers.
Villa Rupolo
Villa ZANCANER eighteenth century country house.
The forest Cansiglio.
The Archaeological Park of Palu di Livenza.


This town web page has been visited 25,344 times.

Choose language