Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

  • Taxi Amalficoast

    Taxi Amalficoast

    Rent a Car Exclusive Excursions Airport Trasfers Rome Naples Capodichino Ravello Amalficoast Neapolitan Riviera Mini Van Taxi...

  • Rocco Palace Praiano

    Rocco Palace Praiano

  • Dalisa Holiday Farm

    Dalisa Holiday Farm

    Holiday Famhouse Rooms Bed and Breakfast Apartments Accommodation Neapolitan Riviera Tramonti Amalficoast Salerno Campania Italy

  • Wine Tour AmalfiCoast

    Wine Tour AmalfiCoast

    Exclusive tours and transfers, Wines on the Amalfi Coast and Avellino, Taurasi tours, Fior d'Uva, Conca dei Marini, Vietri Sul...

  • Hotel Naples Napoli

    Hotel Naples Napoli

    Hospitality 4 Stars Hotel Accommodation Restaurant Bar Events Weddings Meetings Naples Campania Italy

you are here: Home Friuli Venezia Giulia Friuli's Hinterland Pordenone

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Pordenone

Description

Pordenone, a settlement, built in Roman times, on the shore of the river Noncello, evidenced by the discovery in district Torre of traces of a Roman villa, is the main city of its province with modern and dynamic aspects.

In the early XVI century Pordenone was under the dominion of the"Serenissima Republic of Venice", but with the honour to keep its own rules and privileges.

The old town centre proposes an elegant high street with archways and magnificent historical buildings with fresco paintings. An important example of the trading wealth of the inhabitants, are: the "Town Hall" with its gothic patterns, the "Ricchieri" mansion, built in XIII century and actually home of the Civic Museum of Arts, the "Mantica" mansion and the "Gregoris" mansion.

Not to miss is the old convent of Saint Francesco, built in 1419, which conserves a series of interesting fresco paintings in its cloister and in its church and is now maintained by the Town Hall for important exhibitions.

The Cathedral of Saint Marco erected at the beginning of the XIII century in Romanesque-Gothic style, and in someway redefined in the XVI and the XVII centuries, was built in one unique nave with a series of side chapels on a project the '500. It exhibits a valuable altar piece, known as the "Madonna of Mercy", of the artist Giovanni Antonio de' Sacchis, known as "il Pordenone". The Steeple, completed in 1374 and renovated in the XVIII century is 79 meters tall.

Worth a visit are: the Church of Saint Mary of the Angels (Santa Maria degli Angeli), known also as "of Christ", where a wooden Cross of the early '400 is exhibited; the Church of Sacred Trinity, a clear example of a central planned church with fresco paintings of Giovani Maria Calderari, apprentice of the Pordenone (artist); and finally the Church dedicated to Saint George, built in Neoclassic style with a bell tower by G.B. Bassi, which overviews the city as a large Doric column.

Map

This town web page has been visited 30,877 times.

Choose language

italiano

english