The name is of certain Roman origins and derives from the personal name "Beccinius" (probably of the first Roman landowner in the area) to which a Celtic suffix "icco" has been added. Municipality in the province of Udine, is in the territory of Lower Friuli and includes three districts: Gris, Felettis and Cuccana, each with its own characteristics. Some villages of the area are small and compact, built around a church, while others are scattered throughout the countryside. The local economy is based on animal breeding, agriculture, industrial and handicraft activities. The center offers a rich culinary tradition, while the beautiful natural surroundings are ideal for cycling or walking along the trails, between art and culture, beautiful buildings and beautiful churches.
The first historical document that cited the main center dates back to 1031, when Bicinicco was under the rule of the Lords Savorgnan until the end of the XVIII century and gained the title of City Hall in 1866. Other events characterize the other villages, although close to each other: the district of Cuccana, cited since the XIII century, was part of the fief of the Strassoldo; while the one of Felettis, attested since 1031, was a possession of the Colloredo Family, and was destroyed during the Turkish invasions of the XV century; the district of Gris, instead, appointed already in 1295, was under the jurisdiction of the Parish of Lavariano and submitted to the Lords of Castello.
- the Church of San Marco in Cuccana, which was probably built originally in the IX century, the current structure is of the XVI century, embellished in the XVIII century. It appears preceded by a portico supported by four columns and surmounted by a pediment. The Bell Tower features a square base with double windows in the belfry, dating back to 1921. The church, once completely frescoed, features a single nave, ending in an apse with coast arches. It preserves Renaissance paintings depicting scenes from the life of St. Mark, Christ and the Apostles, the Vices and Virtues, the coronation of the Virgin and several others, all art works of different artists;
- the Church of Sant'Andrea in Griis, built between the late XV and early XVI century, features decorations depicting stories about the life of St. Andrew, the cycle of Noah, scenes from the New Testament, a sort of Bible of the poor. It is the only church in the whole Friuli Region, to be completely painted inside. Inside is preserved an altarpiece depicting Saints Andrew and Gregory and the Virgin enthroned dating from the XVII century;
- the votive Church of San Giorgio martyr in Bicinicco di Sopra. Located in a country house of the XIII century. It is flanked by a sail shaped belfry with only one window;
- the Church of Our Lady del Carmine in Bicinicco di Sotto, which is flanked by a high Bell Tower of the XIV century;
- the Parish Church of San Pietro, inside which are preserved valuable frescoes;
- the Church of San Giusto in Felettis;
- Villa Dorta in Felettis.