Integrated in the metropolitan area of Milan, Cinisello Balsamo is a strategic crossroads, being situated on the main road towards the Brianza area at North and the East-West highway Torino-Venezia. Cinisello Balsamo, until 1928 were two separate towns, which in the course of history, although two autonomous entities, had lived the same experiences. For some historians, the name Cinisello derives from "cinixellum" (to indicate the fertility of the soil color heron), while according to others from the Roman gens "Cinisi Aello. The name Balsamo, instead, derives from the name of a noble family of the Middle Ages.
Its economic development is related mainly to the industry and service sectors. The demographic growth and the town enlargement have made of Cinisello Balsamo, one of the suburbs of the Lombard capital.
Place of residence of the nobility of Milan, there are numerous villas VI-VIII century, including mention:
- Villa Ghirlanda, dating from the XVI century, over the centuries it has been restored several times, the seat of the Municipal Library and the Museum of Contemporary Photography;
- Villa Ferrari Casnedi Casati Stampa of Soncino (XVII century);
- Pecchio Orsini Protti (XVII century);
- Pallavicini Mantovani, in the village of Robecco.
Among the religious buildings include:
- The Church of Saint Eusebius, of Lombard era;
- The Church of St. Ambrose, (1500), patron and protector of Cinisello;
- The Church of St. Martin Bishop (1500), patron and protector of Balsamo;
- The XVI century Church of San Bernardino;
- The Church of St. Pius X (1958);
- The Church of St. Joseph the Worker (1957-1958);
- The Church of St. Peter Martyr (1968);
- The Church of Santa Margherita (1961);
- The Church of the Holy Family (1965).