Town in the province of Milan, totally built within this main city's borders, Cesano Boscone preserves on its territory the typical town plan of the Roman settlement, with two main roads that cross the centre (Via Roma and Via Milano), which originally correspond to the "cardo" and "decumano maximum". Of the Roman period remain a stele dedicated to the god Zeus and a rectangular coffin with no lid, dating back to the first century A.D. The district developed in the Lombard period, as attested by archaeological finds. The discovery of a Lombard necropolis, during the extension work of the Church of San Giovanni Battista, permits the historians to assume that this building had been accomplished when Teodolinda converted the area to Christianity. In the Middle Ages, Cesano Boscone became important as its church was proclaimed one of the 11 parishes in the suburbs of Milan.
The oldest building, still visible today, is a rustic building of the XV century with three pointed windows and a fireplace chimney that flanks the entire façade.
Not to miss: Villa Marazzi Lattuada, built in the first half of the XVIII century, and the Parish of St. John the Baptist, with Baroque lines, with a wooden choir of 1780, a baptistery and a font of the XVI century.