Municipality situated on the banks of the river Lambro, in the province of Monza and Brianza, in a flat area at the foot of the hills of Brianza, Arcore has probable Roman origins, evidenced by the name that seems to derive from the name of the semi-god Hercules or an arch erected in the area by the Romans. The first document that attests, however, the existence of a settlement, is a deed of donation of the IX century. In the Middle Ages, the town belonged to the Parish of Vimercate and is mentioned in "Liber Sanctorum" of Goffredo of Bussero. Since the XVI century, several aristocratic Lombard families succeeded to control the fief of Arcore and during this period, flourished the construction of "villa of delights", patrician residences in which the Lombard nobility cultivated arts of music, poetry and prose.
Sites of Interest:
- Villa San Martino, built on the remains of a monastery entitled to the same Saint. It became a private residence of the Giulini, the Casati and currently belongs to the Berlusconi;
- Villa Borromeo D'Adda, a municipal property since 1980;
- Villa Ravizza, with its beautiful Italian gardens;
- Villa La Cazzola, the oldest of the "villas of delights" of Arcore, built in the XVI century;
- Villa Buttafava, a late XVIII century building;
- Palazzo Durini;
- the Parish of Sant'Eustorgio, consecrated in 1891.