Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

  • Amalfi Charter Amalficoast

    Amalfi Charter Amalficoast

    Charter Boat, Yachting, Motor Boat Amalfi Coast, Neapolitan Riviera, Excursions, Ponza, Capri, Island, Ischia, Sorrento, Positano,...

  • Mandara Parking Maiori

    Mandara Parking Maiori

    Car Service manned Parking, Video surveillance system, Internet Wi-Fi, Indoor and outdoor parking Maiori Amalfi Coast Salerno...

  • Amalfi Coast Destination Shore Excursions

    Amalfi Coast Destination Shore Excursions

    Car Service Tours Transfers and Private Naples Shore Excursions Shuttle Amalfi Neapolitan Riviera Naples Airport Sorrento Positano...

  • Il Borgo Restaurant Sorrento

    Il Borgo Restaurant Sorrento

    Mediterranean Gastronomy, seafood specialties, Panoramic Terrace, Sorrento Coast Sorrentine Peninsula Naples Campania Italy

  • Villa Maria Restaurant Ravello

    Villa Maria Restaurant Ravello

    Mediterranean Gastronomy Neapolitan Riviera Amalfiscoast Ravello Salerno Campania Italy

you are here: Home Lombardy Milan Surroundings Trezzano sul Naviglio

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Trezzano sul Naviglio

Description

Town in the province of Milan, situated on the banks of the Naviglio Grande, south-west of Milan, Trezzano sul Naviglio until the sixties of the XX century was essentially an agricultural town. The town's name reveals its probable Roman origins (it is assumed that in the beginning, it was a fund owned by a certain Tersius). The village is mentioned for the first time in a document in 839, comprising a recognition of inheritance for the Monastery of Saint Ambrose of a farm in the locality of Gnignao and among the signatories appears the name "Angelfrit from Treciano. In the XII century, when the family of De Advocate lost their heritage, their properties were divided between the Monastery of Saint Ambrose and other local lords, whilst the Parish of Trezzano was added to the lands of the Parish of Cesano Boscone. In 1653 it was given in fief to Louis Ponce de Leon, who later donated the lands to Pietro Landolina.

Not to miss:
- The Church of Sant'Ambrogio, built between the IX and the XIII centuries and expanded in the XVI century. The building is flanked by a tower, built in 1582 by Martino Bassi. Inside it preserves an exquisite "Madonna and Child" of the artist Luini;
- The Parish of San Lorenzo, built in the middle of last century in the district Zingone. This district is also were the massive urbanization of the municipality developed.

Map

This town web page has been visited 28,943 times.

Choose language

italiano

english