A municipality in the province of Fermo, situated along the Adriatic coast, bordering the territory of the nearby provincial capital, the town of Porto Sant' Elpidio is washed by rivers Tenna and Chienti. Appreciated seaside resort, which attracts many tourists each year, the town is surrounded by a beautiful pine forest, which runs parallel to a bike path, an attraction for hikers and bikers.
The area was inhabited since ancient times, as evidenced by the discovery of graves of the IX century B.C. The first documented report on the presence of the town with its port dates back to year 886, while in the first half of the XI century the entire port area was donated to the Bishop of Fermo, who ruled here until mid XIII century. Then the jurisdiction passed to the municipality of Sant' Elpidio a Mare. In the XVII century the port was privileged with custom rights and was equipped with a Militia for defense tasks. The municipality, established only in 1951, was previously part of the province of Ascoli Piceno and remained so for a long time, before being incorporated into that of Fermo.
- the Church of the Annunciation, built in the first half of the XIX century on request of Cardinal Brancadoro and preserves within a valuable XVII century painting, depicting the Annunciation, an artwork of the artist Monti;
- the Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows in the district of Corva, which preserves an image of the Madonna, an object of great devotion;
- the Sanctuary of Santa Maria della Corvala, built in the mid-XVI century;
- Villa Murri, built in the early XIX century, is now property of the Town Hall and frequently hosts musical events and shows;
- Villa Baruchello, also property of the Town Hall, is surrounded by a beautiful garden;
- The Clock Tower, which was built in 1560 and had also the function of a watchtower;
- Villa Maroni.