Municipality in the province of Fermo, whose territory is crossed by the river Aso, Pedaso is an important commercial port as well as a popular seaside resort, which attracts a lot of tourists, thanks to its crystal clear sea and sandy beaches, occasionally interrupted by natural rocks. The rich variety of flora and fauna, together with the presence of archaeological remains on the seabed, make it an ideal destination for diving and trekking fans. The surrounding area features numerous trails between a dense vegetation, which are an important attraction for hikers, willing to be in direct contact with nature.
In ancient times, the area was inhabited by Greeks, Piceni and, subsequently, was colonized by the Romans, as testified by the several finds discovered. After the fall of the Roman Empire, the town found itself without protection, law and order and therefore was easy prey of the Barbarian invaders. The continuous incursions pushed the local people to move inland and settle in more easily defensible sites, which brought, around year 1000, to the foundation of a new town on Mount Serrone. This new center was fortified and became part of the State of Fermo. Its particular predominant location gave, to the population, a vantage point from where it was possible to monitor the entire coastal area. Repeatedly invaded by the Turks in the XVIII century and due to the particular crumbly nature of the soil, which was frequently subject to landslides, the local inhabitants abandoned this centre and rebuilt it on a flat area nearer to the coast.
Originally part of the province of Ascoli Piceno, Pedaso has recently been incorporated between the territories of Fermo.
- the Chiesolina, built in the late XVIII century, on the ruins of a pre-existing Church of Santa Croce. It features a façade that is characterized by great simplicity in contrast to the richly decorated interior. It features a single nave plan;
- the Church of St. Mary and St. Peter the Apostle, whose construction began in the late XIX century in neo-Gothic style and features three naves and a Latin cross plan. The façade with a large rose window and fine portal is interrupted by two elegant windows;
- the Lighthouse, built in 1877, destroyed during the Second World War and now rebuilt, is the symbol of the town and at present hosts concerts;
- the Town Hall with its Clock Tower;
- the old main center;
- the Observatory on Mount Serrone.