It is a municipality in the province of Ancona, not far from Senigallia and Morro d'Alba, overlooking the hills of the Marche. Its location, together with a favorable climate, offer the principles for an extremely profitable wine production, including famous World known labels such as: Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi, Rosso Piceno and Lacrima di Morro d'Alba. Active and flourishing is also a small craft production of textiles and iron works.
The first settlement was the ancient "castrum Belvideris", built in the XII century: but it is assumed that the town was founded by the monks of St. John of Arcignano. The town submitted the domain of the Marquisate of Ancona until the XIII century, when was ceded to the Lords of Jesi.
In the second half of the XIV century it was donated by Cardinal Albornoz to Nicolò of Boscareto. In mid XV century the fortress was destroyed and in the second half of the XIX century, the municipality became part of the province of Ancona.
- the Shrine of Our Lady of the Sun, whose origins are remote and first reported in documented acts dating back to 1290. Seriously damaged by the decay, it was rebuilt in the XVIII century. Inside are preserved a XV century painting depicting the Madonna by Andrea of Jesi and a fine painted and gilded wooden altar;
- the Church of Santa Maria della Misericordia;
- the Parish Church of San Pietro;
- the International Post Office Museum, a permanent exhibition of stamps, pictures of postal systems in different countries. Housed in Belvedere, as the patron saint of the town is San Rufo, a tabellarius , a Roman postman, who was martyred and thus chosen as the protector of all postmen;
- the XV century Castle, whose walls surrounding the old town on three sides;
- Palazzo Baleani today seat of the Town Hall.