Municipality in the province of Macerata, situated on the Adriatic coast at the foot of Monte Conero, in a location sheltered from the winds, which creates a mild climate throughout the year. Traditionally devoted to fishing, the town has recently developed as a touristic resort and proposes well equipped bathing facilities, great hospitality and numerous commercial businesses.
The town was formed around a Swabian castle, built in the XIII century, when the inhabitants of the nearby Roman city of "potentia", sheltered here to escape from the barbaric invasions. The presentation of the projects, implemented by the architect Spaventa, for the construction of the port date back to the early XVI century, but only later, with the contribution of Pope Julius II, the building works started, however, interrupted several times for the lack of funds. Since the founding of Porto Recanati, the local economy was based on fishing with typical small boats, still in use, called "lancette"(small launches). The Saracen invasion in 1518, highlighted the need to strengthen the city's defenses and so, in the second half of the XVI century, a new watch tower was built, of which there are no remains because it was destroyed during the Second World War. The district Recanati, became an independent municipality in 1893.
- the Church of the Banderuola, which was built where the home of Madonna, now kept in Loreto, seemed to have touched ground during its miraculous journey;
- the Abbey of Santa Maria in Potenza, founded in the XII century, features a structure surrounded by a park. It housed, for a long time, a monastery and a hospital;
- the Church of the Precious Blood;
- the Church of Saint John the Baptist;
- the Swabian Castle, located in the main square, features an imposing structure with a watch tower with corbels and was built in the Middle Ages to allow the local residents to find shelter from the pirate raids. The construction was made possible by Frederick II, in the first half of the XIII century, who donated the lands to the local inhabitants and on which the town developped. The first floor houses the Municipal Art Gallery;
- the Archaeological Site of ancient Roman city of Potentia, founded in 184 B.C.;
- Villa Terni in Liberty style.