On the origins of the town's name, there is no agreement: one school of thought attests that it derives from the personal name "Morico", another from the presence, in ancient times, of a family of Moors, that built a fortified settlement nearby, and finally one that attribute the meaning of Morro to the surrounding rocky ground. Municipality in the province of Fermo, it is a tiny village surrounded by large XIV century fortified walls and two large gateway entrances, one of which is inserted in the clock tower, while the other ends in the main square marked by great harmony. The town, dominated by a watch tower of the XII century, is situated on a ridge covered with lawns overlooking the Valley of Aso.
On the origins of the village, there is not much news: it was probably founded around the year 1000, period in which its presence was first documented. In Roman times, several important settlements were built in the territory of Moresco. In the XII century, the town was ruled by Theobald, Count of Moresco, who later ceded the domain to the nearby city of Fermo. Once free from feudal rights, Moresco became a municipality and maintained that status until 1869, when it became a district of Monterubbiano. It returned to be autonomous in 1910.
- the Church of Saints Nicolò and Lorenzo, built in the XIX century, on the site which was once the furnace of the community, partially incorporated into the town walls. Inside are preserved valuable paintings dating from the XVII and XVIII centuries;
- the Church of Our Lady of the Elm, which preserves a fresco of the artist Pagani;
- the Church of Our Lady of Health;
- the former Church of Santa Sofia;
- the heptagonal Watchtower of the XII century from which branch off two wings of buildings, one characterized by a Gothic porch of the XVI century, which was once part of the nave of the church of Santa Maria in Castro, now demolished, while the other, brings to the Municipal Building in Renaissance style. The structure was built for defensive purposes and later submitted several changes over the centuries;
- the XIV century Clock Tower, located above one of the main gateway accesses to the town.