A Small town in the province of Cuneo, in the Alta Langa, which climbs the hillside, like a splash of color in the surrounding environment, located at the source of the river Tinella, from which it takes its name. It is characterized by the presence of numerous farms and houses scattered over a large area, a large part of which is cultivated with vineyards that adorn the hills, making them change color with the seasons, from green to yellow, to red in autumn and, like most of the other localities of the region, produce excellent quality wines, including Barbera, Dolcetto and Moscato. These charming corners of Piedmont were selected by the celebrated writer Beppe Fenoglio and inspired several of his works.
The Roman presence is documented by the discovery, during excavations for the construction of a railway line, of a pavement of the ancient road that connects the village with Alba, and the finding of numerous stones that reveal the presence of a settlement . It is attested in a certificate from the year 975 that the Emperor Otto ceded some of the territories, including Trezzo, to the Church of Asti.
Later the fief was ceded to the Marquis of Busca, then to the Lords of Revello and finally to Laurenti d ' Asti, to return again to the Marquis of Busca after his marriage to a Laurenti.
Not to miss:
- the Parish Church of Saint Anthony Abbot which inside preserves fine works of the local artists;
- the Chapel of St. Mary of Sorrows in the district of Cappelletto. A very simple building in Classical style with a two-tone façade, delineated by pilasters and surmounted by pediment. The tall and narrow Bell Tower, dominates at the back;
- the Chapel of Our Lady del Carmine in Maranzana;
- the Chapel of Sant' Anna and San Gioacchino in Fiori;
- the Church of San Giovanni;
- The Church of the Battuti, at present just s desecrated building;
- the monument entitled to the Woman of Langa, which celebrates the important role played by the women in Piedmont. Made of Gallo bronze, it is located in an area rich in history, the district of Piansarìn, from where it is possible to enjoy the magnificent panorama.