Municipality in the province of Cuneo, part of the Roero territory, is famous for the particular presence of a widespread erosion in the nearby, known as "Rocche", which consists of vast sandy areas, once covered by sea water, rich in fossils, that are worth of a visit, following the several touristic routes, possible within the Eco Museum. The local economy is mainly based on the cultivation of strawberries and vine, from which an excellent Roero wine is produced.
The town belonged to the Lords of Summaripa of Sommariva Perno, who sold a part of their territories, in the early XIII century, to the Marquis of Saluzzo. Since then the town shared the same fate and historical events of the territories that belonged to this family. Half way through the XIII century, the Family Summaripa registered its separation into two branches: Baldissero and Sommariva. This separation was crucial to the subsequent events: in fact the feudal lords of Baldissero were very close to the Marquis of Saluzzo, and this relationship was manifested at the end of the XIV century, when the two families led to confrontations with the Savoy, whose reaction was the besiege of the castle. In the second half of the XV century the town was conquered by the Savoy and in 1547 it submitted the domain of the French, until in the XVI century, it returned to the Savoy. Over the next centuries the fief was granted to several local Lords: Don Gonzalo Salinas, Ludovico Zoello, the Roero and the Carron of St. Thomas. Since the XIX century it belonged to the Counts Moffa and to the Icheri.
- the Parish Church of St. Catherine of Alexandria, which was rebuilt in 1712 and some years later was flanked by the Bell Tower. In the mid-XIX century the structure was enlarged to give space to a large organ;
- the Church of Madonna delle Grazie, erected in 1489 by the architect Saluzzo. It has been refurbished in the early XX century;
- the XIII century Church of St. Antonino in Romanesque style;
- the Castle of the Colonna family, whose presence was documented since 1268, while the construction dates back to the early XIII century. It was enlarged in the XVI century and restored in 1870 and embellished with Gothic style decorations that characterizes the building today. Still visible are also traces of the ancient chapel in Gothic style and part of the walls with the "tower of knives";
- the Eco Museum Rocche del Roero.