Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Piedmont Langhe and Roero Canale d'Alba

More About

Here you can find info and tips about the area you are visiting.

Most viewed in Canale d'Alba

  • Filippo Gallino Wines Piedmont

    Very close to Canale, in the green hills of Roero, Filippo and Maria, with their son Gianni and daughters Laura and Enrica, spend all the day in the vineyards taking care and selecting the best grapes that one day will be the wine of Filippo Gallino Winery......

  • Deltetto Wines Piedmont

    The Deltetto company was founded in 1953 by Carlo Deltetto in Canale, the historical centre of the Roero, a land separated from the Langhe by the river Tanaro. In a territory of great grape-growing tradition, Carlo immediately adopted a philosophy concerning...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail


Canale d'Alba


A municipality in the province of Cuneo, whose territory is situated in the hills of Roero area, bordering those of the Asti area, located just the below the several districts that depend from it, and like several other centers, built during the Middle Ages, it features a concentric shaped structure. The local economy is mainly based on agriculture, famous for a particular variety of peaches and for its vineyards that produce fine wines such as Roero and Arneis. The local inhabitants feast the peaches with a special annual fair and notable is the production of truffles. The main center is a special destination for tourists seeking peace, good food and great wines.
Canale was founded in the second half of the XIII century by the city of Asti in the territories controlled by the Bishop of the city. Here settled the inhabitants of several neighboring towns, severely damaged during the fighting against the Counts of Biandrate. The town became part of the fief of Biandrate; then part of the territories under the domain of Asti and then it passed to the Visconti of Milan. In 1379 it was ceded to the Accounts of Roero and in the XVI century, to the Accounts Malabaila of Castellinaldo.

- the Parish Church of St. Vittore, built in the XIII century, was originally dedicated to St. Stephen. It has been subjected to frequent refurbishments and embellished with Baroque decorations in façade between the late XVII and early XVIII centuries;
- the XVIII century Church of St John the Beheaded in Baroque style. It presents a façade divided into two separate levels, enriched by pairs of columns. The structure is flanked by a multi-storey Bell Tower that is topped by a spherical spire;
- the Church of San Bernardino, cited in documents since the XVI century, it was rebuilt in Baroque style in the XVIII century;
- the Church of Our Lady of Loreto;
- the Sanctuary of Mombirone;
- the Castle Malabaila, dating from the second half of the XIII century, was built for defensive purposes. It was originally surrounded by a ditch, that was covered when it became a noble residence. The building is surrounded by a vast park;
- the Civic Tower, which is the only present visible element of the ancient city walls. Subsequently it was enlarged to fit a belfry.


This town web page has been visited 42,760 times.

Choose language