The town's name celebrates Raimondo di Attone di Aspello, who in the early XIV century, had a fortress built in this area. Municipality in the province of Macerata, located in the valley of the river Potenza and surrounded by green hills, the area is rich in noble residences and villas, castles, fortresses and churches, thus offering the visitor history, art and unspoiled landscapes. It is also a geat starting point for interesting excursions, such as those to: the Park of the Monti Sibillini, the Castle of Lanciano, the district of Crispiero, surrounded by fortified walls of the XIII century and the village of Castel Santa Maria.
The first evidence of a settlement is certified by the discovery of artifacts dating back to the Mesolithic Ages and traces of Roman times. The town itself was founded in 1311, when the rector of the Marquisate of Ancona was appointed by the Church to build a fortification to defend the nearby valley from the incursions of enemy cities. Castelraimondo linked to Guelph town of Camerino, was scenario of clashes with the San Severino and the Matelica historically Ghibellines, primarily because it occupied a very strategic position. The continuous battles ruined several buildings and compromised the artistic heritage of the center: as evidenced by the fact that of the ancient and complex defensive system remains only the "Càssero", a watch tower, 44 meters tall, which allowed the inhabitants to communicate with their allies and supporters.
- the Church of Santa Barbara in Crispiero, which was built in the XIX century and houses valuable paintings of XVII-XIX centuries, a XIX century pipe organ and a XV century Cross;
- the Church of San Martino in Rustano, already quoted in documents dating from the late XII century, its interior is in Baroque style and preserves a XVII century altar and a XVI century altarpiece;
- the XVIII century Church of Sant'Ansovino, which is located in the village of Torricella. Unfortunately there are only few remains of the original building;
- the Church of Santa Maria Assunta, already cited since the earliest years of the XVII century, is located in the village of Collina. Inside it keeps a fine Baroque altar;
- the Church of San Michele Arcangelo in Sant'Angelo, which contains a precious altar and an organ of the XVIII century;
- the Church of San Martino in Crispiero contains a XV century wooden statue of the Virgin;
- the Church of Santa Maria Assunta in Castel Santa Maria, inside which is preserved a valuable Art Gallery;
- the Church of San Pietro in Corneto, which preserves inside traces of superb frescoes;
- the complex of San Lorenzo in Brondoleto;
- the Church of the Holy Family;
- the Church of San Biagio;
- the "Càssero", a watch tower, part of a defensive system built, in 1318, by the da Varano, long 12 kilometers, to defend the city of Camerino from the attacks of the neighboring territories;
- the XIX century Villa of the Count Barboni of Brondoleto;
- the Town Hall, built in 1873;
- the Nature Park of the Monti Sibillini.