Municipality in the province of Ancona, situated on a hill surrounded by green vineyards that produce a famous Verdicchio wine, its convenient location overlooking the valley of the river Esino, is a quiet place, ideal for lovers of trekking and walks in the nature and offers numerous opportunities to enjoy its traditional cuisine.
The town was built, probably in year 1000, around a church dedicated to St. Paul,. The small village, later was fortified with a castle, the first documented report of the existence of the town, as part of the territories of Jesi, is from the second half of the XIII century. During the XV century the County of Jesi became pat of the possessions of the Papal States. Later the entire region submitted the invasion of Napoleon's army: followed the merger of San Paolo into various nearby districts, losing partially its autonomy from an administrative point of view, until the mid XX century, when it regained its independence.
- the Parish Church, built in the late XVIII century and houses a XVII century altar piece, artwork of the artist Roncalli, better known as "Pomarancio", depicting the Virgin, a early XVIII century baptismal font, an organ dedicated to the Faithful, completed in the first half of the XVIII century and other precious treasures of art;
- the Church of Mercy, which preserves the remains of a remarkable fresco of the Virgin, by Andrea da Jesi;
- the Civic Tower, built in the late XVIII century, on a design of the architect Capponi, which is characterized by Baroque features;
- the XVII century Palazzo Bassi;
- the Town Hall;
- la Bottega del Vino (wine shop).