Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




you are here: Home Umbria Perugia Surroundings Todi Bed and Breakfast Farmhouse San Rocco Todi

More About

Here you can find info and tips about the area you are visiting.

Most viewed in Todi

  • Cantina Tudernum Umbria Wines

    Cantina Tudernum was founded in 1958 by 57 vineyard owners that came together to produce and market wine as a cooperative. Initially, Cantina Tudernum counted only a few hectares of cultivated land but grew steadily to reach 650 hectares of vineyards...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail


Farmhouse San Rocco Todi

Quality Holiday Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Villa Appartments Todi Perugia Umbria Italy


Todi Loc. S. Rocco, 14 +39 075.8989102 +39 075.8980971


Farmhouse San Rocco, country holiday home in Umbria, Todi

Summer holidays in Umbria, in Todi at Tenuta San Rocco

Tenuta San Rocco has the pleasure to offer special conditions for accomodations in his flats or " casolari" You may test the tipical foods and the lovely wines made by San Rocco Winery Discount fro m 15% to 30% in self catering or B&B,or half Board. Requires the best offer by mail
The San Rocco villa set in 57 hectares of beautiful grounds, has a panoramic view of the medieval hill-town of Todi, only 7 km away.
The splendid interiors of the house have been faithfully restored with original materials and coverted into two spacious appartments and independent residence.
The magical place is surrounded by beautiful, well equipped gardens and the villa itself is approached along a lovely tree-lined avenue.
The original part of the house dates back to the 16th century when an oratory was built and dedicated to San Rocco (for those interested in the historical background of the villa, records of the original ownership may be found in the "Tudertino Topographic Dictionary" by Alvi G. Battista).

Apartments in country villa with pool province of Perugia, Todi

The San Rocco villa set in 57 hectares of beautiful grounds, has a panoramic view of the medieval hill-town of Todi, only 7 km away.
The splendid interiors of the house have been faithfully restored with original materials and coverted into two spacious apartments and independent residence.
The magical place is surrounded by beautiful, well equipped garden and the villa itself is approached along a lovely tree-lined avenue.
The original part of the house dates back to the 16th century when an oratory was built and dedicated to San Rocco (for those interested in the historical background of the villa, records of the original ownership may be found in the "Tudertino Topographic Dictionary" by Alvi G. Battista).
One of the splendid apartments is part of the central Villa itself, another is in the adjoining "Bigattiera" and finally there is San Rocco II, a charming independent residence situated 300 m from the main house.
The furnishings, for the most part, are antique and period pieces providing an enchanting and elegant setting.


Table tennis

Tennis courts (4 Km.)
Horse riding (10 Km.)
Golf playgrounds (50 Km. Perugia)

Sqm 200, sleeps 6+2. Independent farmhouse. Ground floor: large living space with fireplace and convertible, double
bed, bedroom with two single beds, a bathroom with shower; kitchen with fireplace and dishwasher. First floor: double bedroom with a suite bathroom; double bedroom with a suite shower. Private garden, washing machine in utility room, T.V. and private telephone.


Double-rooms with bath and possibility of B&B and/or Half Board treatment.
Ground floor: large living space with

fireplace and convertible, double bed, bedroom, bathroom with shower; kitchen with fireplace and dishwasher. First floor: second entrace, linving-room with fireplace and 3 double bedroom with bath.

70 sqm, sleeps 2+3. Reception, living room with convertible double and single beds, kitchen with fireplace and dish
washer, bedroom and bathroom with shower. T.V. Beutiful panoramic terrace
View apartment rates

62 sqm sleeps 2+2 or 4+2. First floor: living-room with kitchen corner, fireplace, T.V. and double bed.
Double bedroom with bathroom with shower. Separate entrance. Possibility of an additional double bedroom with shower on the ground floor.

Umbria villa on the hills of Todi, charming stays in Italy...

The heart of Todi is Piazza del Popolo, formerly central point of the Roman town, and closed in the Middle Ages by four doors. From the coffee bars enliving the square one can have a panoramic view of the beautiful rectangular space where are situated the palaces symbol of the spiritual and civil life of the municipality.
The Cathedral, dedicated to the Assumption of Mary, with beautiful and original façade, rectangular in shape, is a Gothic church dating to the early 12th century; in the 14th century the bell-tower was added, than, in the 16th century, the magnificent central rose-window.
During the Roman period the site on which it stands was occupied by one of the buildings surrounding the central area of the Forum, perhaps a temple; the primitive nucleus, represented by the crypt and the apse, dates back to the 8th century. The interior is divided into nave and aisles by pillars and columns decorated with wonderful capitals representing a syntesis of the last Romanesque forms and the first French Gothic ones.
The beautiful choir stalls were carved and inlaid in 1530 by Antonio and Sebastiano Bencivenni da Mercatello, who made also the panels of the door: these panels, destroyed in the 17th century, can be considered a starting point for the tradition of classic furniture created by Filippo Morigi in the 19th century.

The Palace of the Priors, just in front of the Cathedral, built in the 14th century, enlarged and finished in 1334-1337, with atypical medieval aspect; in the 15th century was built the tower and hundred years later the Renaissance windows. Up on the wall we admire the eagle in bronze made by Giovanni di Gigliaccio in 1339: symbol of the town, it grasps a pole with a cloth and, in earlier times, it held in the semi-opened wings two small eagles representing the vassal towns of Terni and Amelia. The building had been built to offer a suitable seat to the Priors - with the workshops at ground level; then it was occupied by the excise office and later by the papal governor.
The Mayor's Palace, constructed at the end of the 13th century in the Italian Gothic style, has an imposing portico on the ground level, than the first and second floors with elegant three-light and four-light windows. Nowadays it houses the Town Museum, containing Etruscan, Roman and Medieval finds; pottery, coins, statuettes; interesting frescoes and valuable paintings of 15th, 16th and 17th centuries: among the most considerable the "Incoronazione della Vergine" by Spagna; moreover there are rooms dedicated to antique cloths, dresses and church vestments.

The Palace of the People, connected to the former by a large staircase, is a Gothic-Lombard structure dating back to the 13th century; it was called 'Comune Vecchio'; this building too is characterized, at ground floor level, by a portico supported on flattered arches; the façade is adorned with four-light mullioned windows, and, on the top, a fine crenellated roofline in Ghibellino style. There is also a tower-bell, built in 1330, on the top of which was placed a clock in 1523. First Priors' residence, in 1236 it housed Pope Gregorio IX, and from the 18th to the 19th century it was converted into a theatre, La Scaletta.

A side of this building faces Garibaldi square, with the monument to this famous personage; there is also a very tall cypress, planted in 1849 by two Todi citizens to remind people the coming of Garibaldi, and a wonderful panoramic view...

Enjoy your holidays in villa, near Assisi, Gubbio and Perugia...

Assisi, 50 Kms from Agriturismo San Rocco

Assisi stretches out on the slopes of the Monte Subasio, above the plain where the Topino and Chiascio rivers flow.
Although it can boast Roman origins, its present-day appearance, because of the buildings and also the urban structure. is surely due to the city's development during the Middle Ages.
Assisi's oldest nucleus, which is protected by a defensive apparatus made up of eight fortified entrance portals and a long belt of town walls, which are still perfectly preserved, is topped by two castles on peak of the mountain: the Major Castle, reconstructed by the Cardinal Albornoz in 1367 and the Minor Castle.
Apart from religious buildings too important to not be considered solely the heritage of Assisi such as the basilica of St. Francis, the tourist can also visit the churches of St. Clare and St.Peter. The first was constructed in the Gothic style between 1257 and 1265, the second is a little older and decorated with an elegant middle portal with three rose-windows.

The Cathedral, dedicated to the Patron Saint St. Rufino, vaunts a splendid and unaltered facade with sculptures and reliefs; the interior, however, has undergone much reconstruction during the centuries which have distorted the original project dating back to the 13th century.
On the Town Square situated on the ancient Forum, you will find the Priors' Palace (1337), the Palace of the People's Captain (12th century) and the temple of Minerva, built during the augustean period with pronaos, columms and corinthian capitals which are still intact.

Nearby, places which are connected with the life of St. Francis can be visited, sich as the Eremitage of the Prisons, immersed in a thick wood of oaks and ilex on the slopes of the Subasio Mountain, and the convent of St. Damian, which was built up around the oratory were, according to tradition, the Cross spoke to the Saint.
Finally, in the plain, the impressive basilica of Saint Mary of the Angels was built according to the plans of Alessi between 1569 and 1679 to protect the Porziuncola Chapel, which was the first simple meeting-place of the Francescan brotherhood.

All those who have the good luck of visiting this splendid town have to agree with who says that the beauty of town goes beyond a short, and necessarily incomplete list of works of art more or less extraordinary, but is however to be found in the atmosphere of places which the story and the faith of the Saint have rendered unique all over the world.

Gubbio, 60 Kms from Agriturismo San Rocco

Laying on the slopes of Monte Ingino, Gubbio is one of the most ancient towns of Umbria, extremely well preserved during centuries and rich of monuments testifying its glorious past.
Two important witnesses of the past are the Tavole Eugubine, one of most important documents referring to the ancient people called Italici and the Roman Theatre just outside the walls of the town. Dominated from the top by the Basilica on which the rests of St. Ubaldo are buried, Gubbio keeps architectonic masterpieces testifying the beauty and the imprtance of what used to be during the Middle ages, a real town-state.
At the beginning of the XIV century the Consuls Palace, today symbol of the town, was constructed together with the square Piazza Pensile and Pretorio Palace.
To remind the palaces Beni, del Bargello with the famous fountain, of People Captain , in typical renaissance style, Dukes Palace by Francesco Giorgio Martini which testity the importance of the period on which the Montefeltro's family had the administration of the town.

Very interesting are also the Cathedral (XII century), St. Maria Nuova (inside which one can admire the Madonna del Belvedere painted by Ottaviano Nelli on 1413), Church and Convent of St. Agostino (XIII century ) with inside frescoes of Nelli, Church and Convent of St. Francesco (XIII century), St. Giovanni (XII century) characterised by the facade and bell tower in romanic style, St. Peter enlarged in 1505 and St. Domenico enlarged in the XIV century.
Among the most important manifestations taking place in the city we should absolutely mention the Racing silk of the Crossbow and the Ceri Race.

Perugia, 40 Kms from Agriturismo San Rocco

Perugia, the great "Guelf strong-hold" rises up in the region's heart, with its 5 storical quarters closed-in by its Etruscan town walls. These enormous bastions formed by cyclopic square masses, were constructed 22 centuries ago and are still visible for long stretches.

When the city of Rome was little more that an encampment of huts, one could already enter the etruscan Perugia Italy using one of 7 portals, among which one was particularly mighty, the Porta Pulchra or of Augustus, dating back to Etruscan times.
Entering the city via Porta San Pietro, whose exterior was remodelled by Agostino di Duccio in 1475, you'll arrive at the basilica of St. Dominic on the right-hand side; the very important National Archeological Museum of Umbria is to be found in the adjacent cloisters and convent.
Continuing along, you'll reach the Piazza del Sopramuro, where the 15th century Palace of the Old University and the adjacent Palace of the People's Captain look down on the square. Further on, after a short climb, you'll find yourself in one of Italy's most important squares, where you'll see the Priors'Palace, the Cathedral and the 13th century fountain Major Fountain at the center. These monuments render the Piazza Grande of Perugia (now called Piazza IV Novembre) a superb architectural complex. At the extreme end of Corso Vannucci you'll find famous panoramic gardens built on the foundations of the Rocca Paolina, a strong-hold built by Pope Paul III in 1540.

These foundations contain, similar to under an enormous bell, an entire quarter of the old Perugia: a dead city, a sort of Medieval Pompei which has been brought tot light again and which is fascinating to visit. Perugia's ascents and stairways are usually quite steep, both the most ancient and the most recent. The way Via delle Prome is a typical example. Leaving from the Augustus Arc, this way lead to the upper point of Perugia, where used to be the castle of Porta Sole, erected in the XIV century by the dal Gattapone, and destroyed later for willing of the whole town people.

Orvieto and Spoleto, medieval tourist towns in Umbria...

Orvieto, 30 kms far from Farmhouse San Rocco....

Orvieto origins go back to the Etruscan civilization: the first Etruscan settlements, going back to the 9th Century B.C., infact, were found inside the tufaceous caves in the bedrock upon which today rises the city.
Annexed in the 3rd Century B.C. to the territories of Rome, it remained under the Roman domination until the decline of the Western Roman Empire. Afterwhich it became a free municipality, and during the struggles between Guelphs and Ghibellines, was a valiant opponent of Barbarossa, remaining faithful to the Pope.

Riding on the support of the Papal State, it was allowed to prosper through the entire Medieval Period, reaching the top of its development in the 13th Century with the constitution of the General Council of the 400 and the election of the Captain of the People.
It was during this period that one saw the fervent work of erecting palaces and holy buildings among which the very famous Cathedral stands out, dating back to 1263, undoubtedly the most important architectural landmark of the city, with its splendid Gothic facing and the richness of the ornaments and internal chapels. In the ancient town we also find the St.Patrizio well, built in 1527 based on a plan of Antonio da Sangallo il Giovane, the Palace of the Seven from 1300, the Palace of People Captain (12th Century) inside which took place the meetings of the People's Council, Saint Andrew's Church (12th Century), Saint Domenic's Church (12th Century), Saint Giovenale's Church (11th Century), Soliano Palace (1262) within which, one will find two museums: the Museum of the Opera del Duomo and the Museum of Modern Art. Moreover we remember the Mancinelli Theatre (1866), the suggestive Underground City and the Necropolis of the Crucifix of Tufo dating back to the Etruscan period.

Spoleto, a 35 Kms from Agriturismo San Rocco

Spoleto, even if shows evident traces of the Roman era even in its urban structure, substantially mantains a medieval appearance, due to the period in which it was first a flourishing longobard Duchy, and then an important city within the Papal State.
The Arch of Drusus (23 A.C.) to be found near the Romanic church of St. Ansano , the Roman theater, whose construction goes back to the first years of the Empire, and the paleocristian basilica St. Salvatore of the 4th century (at about 1.2 km's distance to the north), are testimonials of Spoleto's earliest origins.

Close by, the church St.Gregorio Maggiore (12th century), characterized by its evocative apsis zone and by the elevated presbitery, a Roman bridge (also called "the Bloody") consisting of three arches in travertine stone blocks and the amphitheater of the 2nd century A.C. can be found. More modern monuments which are as fascinating are the churches of St. Dominic and St. Ponziano, both of which were built during the 12th century. The church of St. Peter is surely of great interest because of its extraordinary bas-reliefs which decorate the facade which dates back to the 12th century.
From the area found in front of the church of St. Peter one enjoys a wide panorama which encompasses all of Spoleto until the mighty Bridge of the Towers (ten arches with a total height of 80 meters and 230 meters long), which connects the Castle, which was constructed from 1352 onwards on the orders of the Cardinal Egidio Albornoz according to plans by Matteo Gattaponi, to the runners of the mountain which dominates the city. Monteluco was, in fact, the sacred mountain of the anchorites, who having settled in this zone from the 7th century on, founded the convent of St. Francesco, to be found at about 8 km's distance from the inhabited area, and the church of St. Julian.
Without doubt, on the person who has the good luck of visiting these sights, the entire Cathedral complex constructed during the 12th century and caracterized apart from the richness of furnishings of the interior also by the mosaics in the Byzantine style on its facade, and the Romanic church of St.Eufemia will make an unforgettable impression.
Among the most important manifestations taking place in the city we should absolutely mention the Festival of the two Worlds.


This structure web page has been visited 138,826 times.

Choose language