Municipality in the province of Perugia, located on a hill overlooking the valley of the Tiber river, at the point where this river meets the stream Naia, the village of Todi, is characterized by an interplay of different levels and styles, the presence of ancient and beautiful fountains and a maze of narrow streets overlooked by imposing buildings in travertine, have retained its medieval charm. It is still possible to admire the fortified walls and watchtowers of the XIII century, the main gateway entrances: Porta Romana and Porta Perugina, the ruins of a Roman amphitheater and important remains of the Etruscan and the Renaissance periods. Todi has ancient origins, its hills originally housed an Umbrian settlement, and later was inhabited by the Etruscans. The first center, located on the summits of two hills, connected by an artificial terrace, was surrounded by fortified walls. In the III century B.C., the area was colonized by the Romans that enriched its development and proclaimed it Municipium. To the original urban structure, a second wall was added, a large water supply cistern below the artificial terrace was built and the main center was embellished with important buildings, such as a theater and an amphitheater. After the fall of the Empire and even though subject to Barbarian invasions, Todi continued to be a free municipality and grew in terms of economic and social development. In the Middle Ages, a third series of fortified walls was built and the territory, assigned to the Papal States, was granted in fief to different noble Guelph families.
- the Cathedral, whose construction began in the XII century in Romanesque style and was completed in Gothic style in the XVI century, is preceded by a majestic staircase. It presents a façade with three main entrances, four interior aisles, of which one was added later and it is decorated with a fresco depicting the Last Judgement, paintings by the artist Spagna and sculptures by Pisano;
- the Church of San Fortunato, built between the XIII and XV centuries, is preceded by a high staircase. The façade is unfinished, while the interior features three naves and Gothic vaults. The crypt holds the tomb of the famous poet Jacopone;
- the Church of St. Mary of Consolation in Renaissance style, which was built between the XVI and XVII centuries. The project, attributed to Bramante, is surely the result of the collaboration with other architects;
- the Church of San Carlo, built in 1100, is in Romanesque style and is flanked by an imposing Bell Tower;
- Palazzo del Capitano, built in Gothic style in the late XIII century and is decorated with beautiful three-light mullioned windows. It houses the Municipal Art Gallery (with important ceramics and paintings, attributed to the school of Filippo Lippi) and the Etruscan and Roman Museum (a permanent exhibition of archaeological finds);
- Palazzo del Popolo, which was built in 1213, in Gothic style and is connected to the Palazzo by Capitano by a staircase;
- the late XIII century Palazzo dei Priori with its watchtower and battlements;
- the Fountain of Scarnabecco, built in 1241;
- the Fountain of Sant'Arcangelo;
- the XVI century Fountain of Cesia.