Set in one of the most pleasant and picturesque views of South Tyrol, Tesimo (Tisens in German), together with the fraction of Prissiano (Prissian in German), is known as the land of castles, the beautiful landscape of low mountains, in fact, is interspersed with numerous castles and manor houses, all built between the XII and XIII century, when nobles and accounts of the time were used to retire during the summer months. The mild climate, clean air, the lush orchards, meadows and fields, the quiet of the mountain in an almost untouched nature make this place ideal for those seeking relaxation and rest.
The name of pre-Roman origin, is attested as early as the sixth century in the Latin form of "Tisinum".
The area was affected by human habitation since prehistoric times, as evidenced by the many interesting discoveries unearthed on the nearby hill of St. Hippolytus, on which, among other things, also insist finds from later periods, particularly Roman and Lombard.
Sites of Interest:
- Wehrburg Castle, dating from the XII century, with a lovely chapel in which there is a fine XV century Pieta. It is currently used as accommodation.
- Katzenzungen Castle, situated at the foot of the vine's largest and oldest in Europe, the Versoaln, whose branches cover an area of approximately 350sqm.
- Fahlburg Castle, erected in the XIII century, and which now remains only the tower housing;
- Casatsch the ruins of the Castle, built in the late XII century;
- the parish church of Santa Maria Assunta, mentioned for the first time in 1194 and renovated in subsequent centuries, we point out in exquisite glass paintings of the sixteenth century belonging to the school of Augsburg;
- the Chapel of St. Michael (XV century), with late Gothic wall paintings;
- St. Christopher's Church (XIII century);
- the remains of St. Anthony Church, the oldest in the country, and of which a few walls remain;
- the Church of San Martino, of which he was mentioned in 1159;
- the Church of St. James, consecrated in 1142, in which insist frescoes and wall paintings of the twelfth century Gothic of the fifteenth century;
- the church of St. Hippolytus, built on the site of an ancient prehistoric site, is already mentioned in 1200;
- the Church of St. Nicholas, dating from the XIII century, with beautiful wall paintings outside;
- the Church of San Sebastian, in 1898, rebuilt after being destroyed by fire;
- Chapel of Castel Fahlburg in Prissiano;
- Chapel of Castel Wehrburg in Prissiano.