Wine town of the Adige Valley, set halfway between Bolzano and Merano, Nalles (Nals in German) is surrounded by an idilli landscape of vineyards, orchards and roses (Nalles, in fact, i salso known as the town of the roses). It is characterized by a mild climate ad it is the perfect place for lovers of biking, trekking, walking outdoors and good food and wine.
The place name, of pre-Roman origins, is documented since 830.
- Schwanburg Castle (Castle of the Swan), along the road to Sirmiano (hamlet of Nalles), one of the most beautiful castles in South Tyrol;
- Stachelburg Castle, at the beginning of the climb to Tesimo;
- the ruins of Bavaro Castle;
- the Church of San Ulrico, one of the most beautiful Baroque style churches of the area, whose bell tower dates back to the XIII century;
- the Church of Santa Apollonia, originally consecrated to San Pelagio, was built in the XII or XIII century on an ancient site;
- the typical masi (farms).