It is a town of Franciacorta, located in the province of Brescia, in the upper valley of the river Gandovere. The town's name derives from "home" or "hometum" Germanic words which means "stone house". Although the village has pre-Roman origins, its history is documented only since the late-Romanesque period.
The XV century Church of San Michele, for example, is rich of frescoes of the XV and XVI century and is placed inside the enclosure of a masonry, which is what remains of the fortified military area of the period of the Lombard domination (VII-IX century).
The XV century Parish Church of Santo Stefano preserves various valuable works such as: the altar and the tabernacle of Callegari (700), the monumental wooden altarpiece and the organ of Andrea Fantoni, a painting by Horace Cossali (1598) and frescoes by Gaetano Cresseri.
Not to miss: the Sanctuary of St. Mary of (XV century), the Church of San Lorenzo Valley, the Church of St. Anthony in Martignago and the Maglio Averoldi, that all date back to 1080 from historical documents, and form part of a complex medieval buildings of significant historical value. Worth of mention: a two storey building used as a forge for the manufacture of iron, with a splendid front porch for common use, local storage areas and water drawn mechanical equipment.