Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Lombardy Lake Iseo, Val Camonica and Franciacorta Erbusco

Most viewed in Erbusco

  • Fratus La Riccafana Wines Franciacorta

    The " Riccafana" agricultural company, owned by the family, is situated in inaccessible paths on the slopes of Monte Orfano. It is a southwards slope which has a very particular role in the Franciacorta composition and soil origins. Of course, the microclimate...

  • Uberti Wines Franciacorta

    Franciacorta is an area which has always been famous for its microclimate, suitable for the cultivation of high quality grapes. In this wonderful land the Ubertis have been keeping up their tradition as a mark of the seriousness, strictness and quality...

  • Cavalleri Wines Franciacorta

    A notarial deed from the period records that the Cavalleri family were recognized as the owners of land in the Erbusco area of Northern Italy as far back as 1450. A document uncovered during research carried out in 1905 to determine the rightful distribution...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Erbusco

Description

It is a municipality of Franciacorta, located on the morainic amphitheatre del Sebino at the foot of Mount Orfano. The name Erbusco probably derives from the fertile area in which it is situated, rich of grass fields and woods. Although the earliest settlements in the area date back to the Neolithic, there are also important finds from the Roman period, such as headstones, memorial stones and ornaments, of which some are preserved in the Roman section of the Museum of Santa Giulia in Brescia, whilst others are walled in the façade of the palace Monte del Pietà.
The charming village is dominated by the Castle, built between the XIII and XIV centuries. The ancient Parish of Erbusco is one of the finest examples of Lombard architecture of the XII century and inside are preserved the remains of an engraved decoration element of the IX century, some frescos attributed to Gentile da Fabriano and a fresco in the apse of St. Orsola .
At a few steps from the church is the Parish of Santa Maria Assunta, designed by Giovan Antonio Girelli in 1689.
Other religious buildings are: the Monastery of San Bernardino (second half of XV century), the Church of St. Gotthard, the Church of St. Nicholas and the Church of St. George.
The town also features numerous palaces and noble villas, such as: Palazzo Martinengo, today owned by the Counts Lechi, built between the XVI and XVII century; Palazzo Chizzola, Palazzo Marchetti of Montestrutto, Palazzo Cavalleri, today seat of the Town Hall and Villa Maggi

Map

This town web page has been visited 41,164 times.

Choose language

italiano

english