Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.




  • Hotel Villa Romana Minori

    Hotel Villa Romana Minori

    Quality Hotel Accommodation Restaurant Minori Cooking Lesson Neapolitan Riviera Amalfi Coast Salerno Campania Italy

  • Relais San Bruno Tuscany

    Relais San Bruno Tuscany

    Charming Relais Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Apartments Montepulciano Tuscany Italy

  • Amalfi Coast Destination Shore Excursions

    Amalfi Coast Destination Shore Excursions

    Car Service Tours Transfers and Private Naples Shore Excursions Shuttle Amalfi Neapolitan Riviera Naples Airport Sorrento Positano...

  • Villa Maria Holiday Farmhouse Minori

    Villa Maria Holiday Farmhouse Minori

    Country House Bed and Breakfast Bio Farmhouse Accommodation Restaurant Minori AmalfiCoast Neapolitan Riviera Positano Amalfi Minori...

  • Hotel Fontana Amalfi

    Hotel Fontana Amalfi

    Quality 3 Stars Hotel Accommodation in historical centre of Amalfi, Sea view, Duomo view, Amalfi Coast Salerno Campania Italy

you are here: Home Lombardy Lake Iseo, Val Camonica and Franciacorta Passirano

Most viewed in Passirano

  • Il Mosnel Franciacorta

    Mosnel takes its name from an ancient dialect place-name, of Celtic origin, that means "rock pile," which conjures up very effectively the long, hard efforts required for the clearing and preparation of this land by Cistercian monks, from Cluny in Burgundy....

  • Le Marchesine Wines Lombardy

    We are a little but well-grounded farm and our name at the plural short of Marchesine, is suitable for the perfection. The owner the "Biatta" family, belongs to a family with very ancient bresciane origins, that date back to 1196: they have bought the...

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail




Municipality of Franciacorta, near Brescia, Passirano was mentioned for the first time in a document around the year 1000, although historians verbally report the presence of the castle, which still exists today along the road to Bornato, between 900 and 950 . The town's name derives, according to some, from the Roman family of the "Passirii", while according to others, from the family name "de Passirana", a noble Family that lived in these areas since the Middle Ages.
Emblem of the village is the imposing castle of Passirano, which today features inside a winery. The construction was built before the year 1000, in conjunction with the invasion by the Magyars, and partially rebuilt in the XIII century.
In addition to the XVII century villas (Villa Fassati and Villla Tesea), worth of mention among the other sites of interest are: the Parish of St. Zenone, built in the XVII century on the ruins of a monastery and a shrine entitled to San Rocco. The interior decoration, completed in the XIX century, also presents elements attributed to Antonio Guadagnini, whilst the façade, was completely refurbished in 1903.


This town web page has been visited 28,360 times.

Choose language