Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

  • Restaurant Dedalo Maiori

    Restaurant Dedalo Maiori

    Mediterranean Gastronomy and Pizza Restaurant Seafood Maiori Amalfi Coast Neapolitan Riviera Salerno Campania Italy

  • Amalfi Coast Exclusive Car Service

    Amalfi Coast Exclusive Car Service

    Taxi chauffeur Transfer Tour guide Train station Amalfi taxi Limousine Florence Positano Amalfi Ravello Sorrento Pompeii Amalficoast...

  • La Buca delle Fate

    La Buca delle Fate

    Quality Appartments Accommodation Vacation Holiday Guest House Residence Maiori Amalficoast Neapolitan Riviera Salerno Campania...

  • Le Conche Country House

    Le Conche Country House

    Holiday farmhouse quality accommodation, Charming Bed and breakfast, Irpinia Villamaina Avellino Campania Italy

  • Terra di Limoni Amalfi Coast

    Terra di Limoni Amalfi Coast

    Quality limoncello of Amalfi Coast, shop on line, e-commerce Amalfi Lemons Minori Salerno Amalfi Coast Neapolitan Riviera Campania...

you are here: Home Lombardy Lake Iseo, Val Camonica and Franciacorta Villongo

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Villongo

Description

Villongo is a municipality of Valcalepio in the province of Bergamo, South of Lake Iseo. The town's name derives, in all probability, from the Lombard word "villa" (small residential settlement under the jurisdiction of a higher council) and the typical Lombard ending "-ongo.
The area was inhabited since the Roman period, when a "vicus" was built and the finding of some furniture, dating from the Imperial period, seems to validate this hypothesis.
The current town was officially founded in 1927 when the municipalities of San Villongo Filastro and Villongo Sant'Alessandro, divided since 1724, were merged into a single town.
Among the most valuable sites, worth of mention: the Parish of St. Alexander, built in the XVII century, the XVIII century Church of San Filastro, the Romanesque chapel of St Alexander at Agros and Villa-Agliardi Maffeis (XVII century), current seat of Town Hall.

Map

This town web page has been visited 24,555 times.

Choose language

italiano

english