Small town in the province of Como, located in a large inlet on the shore of Lake Como, Argegno has clear Roman origins, demonstrated by two inscriptions found at Brienno that narrate of the Roman architect Publius Cesium Archigenes was instructed to erect here altars to the gods, and in sense of gratitude the town was entitled to him. For its strategic position from its foundation, the settlement was surrounded by a vast defensive system. In medieval times two castles were erected: the first built in 1270 by Antonio Castello, a follower of Guelphs of the Family Vittani, which was the scene of bloody struggles with the Ghibellines of the Family Rusconi, and the second castle, of the Viscardi, was built in the center of the town: the last tower collapsed in 1876 while the lower part is currently used as a private residence.
Argegno is crossed by the river that divides the town into two parts, connected between each other by an old arched stone bridge.
With a panoramic cable car it is possible to reach the district of Pigna (at 881 meters), which offers a spectacular view of the lake.
The Parish of the Holy Trinity dates from the early XX century built in neo-Romanesque style on the ruins of an old church at the center of the town. It presents a gabled façade with rose window and statues of saints.
The Shrine of St. Anne is an XVIII century building, later remodeled with stucco and paintings of the XVIII and XIX centuries.