A small town overlooking the western shore of Lake Como, divided into two centers Torriggia and Laglio. It is located along the Riviera Romantica and connected to the provincial capital by the ancient Via Regina Teodolinda. Originated in Roman times, as confirmed by the discovery of a gravestone in some excavations made in the early years of last century. From 1928 to 1948 with Brienno, it formed with a single town.
Besides the beautiful scenery of lakes, one of the attractions of the country is, without doubt, la caverna "del buco dell'orso" ( the cave "of the bear's hole"), located about 600m above sea level and reachable in an hour and a half walk from the centre of the village. Here were found traces of the bear "Ursus Spelaeus", who formerly lived in the area, of which some bones are preserved at the local town hall, and others at the Civic Museum of Como.
Not to miss: the Church of Saint George, a XVII century building, which preserves inside a series of important XVIII century sculptures and paintings.