Located on the western branch of Lake Como, on the slopes of Mount Bisbino, Moltrasio is a famous lakeside resort of Lake Como, formerly known for the quality of gray-blue stone extracted from local quarries, also used by Masters Comacini. The village sits in an area inhabited since pre-Roman times, as evidenced by some findings brought to light in 1910, and remains of a Roman mosaic floor, at the cemetery.
Among the sites of historic and artistic interest of the country, worth of mention are: the Church of St. Agatha, whose original structure dates back to the XI century, the Church of San Martino, built on the ruins of an existing Roman building, it has been refurbished several times over the centuries. Inside are preserved frescoes by Fiammenghino and a XVI century altarpiece by Luigi Donati.
Among the villas built in pleasant village of Moltrasio stands the imposing bulk of Villa Passalacqua, lying near the lake and surrounded by a large park terrace, Villa Erker Hocevar (1829-1830), where the composer Vincenzo Bellini stayed for a long period, and Villa Faols - now Magnolias which dates back to the late XIX century.