The town's name derives from the Latin "septimo ad urbe lapide" and refers to the position occupied by the town along the Roman road which joined Porto Torres to Cagliari. Municipality in the province of Cagliari, not far from the regional capital, San Pietro Settimo is washed by the Rio Is Congiaus, which over the ages, has greatly influenced the development of the town. Of particular interest is the historical center. The local economy is based mainly on sheep breeding and agricultural production.
Evidenced by the presence in the territory of several traces of Neolithic settlements, the area was inhabited since ancient times. The first town was probably founded in Roman times. The area was a coach stop along the road to Olbia. During the Middle Ages it was part of the Giudicato of Cagliari, while in the second half of the XIII century, it became a possession of the town of Pisa. After the conquest of the Aragons, the town was proclaimed fief and assigned to Brengario Carroz. In the XIV century it was incorporated into the County of Quirra.
- the Parish Church, in late Gothic-Catalan style with features of different architectonic styles. It is preceded by a large courtyard, from where it is possible to admire a splendid view over the surrounding countryside. It has a singular Bell Tower with a square base surmounted by a dome and is the tallest of the Campidano area and dates back to 1627;
- the Church of San Giovanni in the district of Apitzu de Pranu. It is a small rural building with a very simple façade, a sail shaped bell tower and features three naves divided by columns and pillars;
- the Church of Saint Lucia;
- the Church of San Pietro;
- the small Roman aqueduct in the area of Is Argiddas;
- the Nuraghic complex of Cucuru Nuraxi