It is a municipality in the province of Olbia-Tempio, situated on a promontory overlooking the Strait of Bonifacio on the southern coast of Corsica, which lies at only a few miles distance, and the Maddalena archipelago. An important fishing center and seaside resort that developed between Porto Longone and Rena Bianca, in an inlet characterized by fine sand and white. The settlement plan shows the typical features of a Roman town, including, however, an obvious influence of the nearby regions of Piedmont. In the municipal area includes the famous Bay of Santa Reparata, Porto Quadro, La Marmorata, the Conca Verde and the Erica Valley. Interesting is the excursion to Capo Testa, an extremely charming destination.
In Roman times, where today stands Santa Teresa, there was a very active trading port in which large sailing ships loaded grain on their way to Ostia. The area was the subject of several Saracen attacks until it was included between the domains of the Giudicato of Arborea. A castle was built to protect the area from these attacks, but was destroyed by the Genoese and this gave way to gradual depopulation of the lands. In the XIX century, by order of King Vittorio Emanuele I, a new town was founded and named Santa Teresa in honor of Queen Maria Teresa of Habsburg.
- the Parish Church of St Victor, built in the XIX century, is preceded by a staircase and features a simple façade and a gabled roof. Inside is preserved the silver donated by Queen Maria Theresa.
- the XVII century Church of Buoncammino, which features a Latin cross plan with a dome above the presbytery and on the left hand side presents a little porch. Flanked by a Bell Tower, inside preserves a XVII century marble statue of the Madonna del Buoncammino;
- the Church of San Pasquale in the district of Santa Teresa;
- the Parish Church of St. Thomas in Porto Pozzo;
- the Church of Saint Lucia, built in 1890;
- the Church in the district of San Michele;
- the Church of San Giuseppe in Saltara;
- the Church of Santa Reparata, built in 1851;
- the battery Ferrero, the remains of an artillery station, barracks and vehicles of the Second World War;
- the XVI century Aragonese watchtower, located on the beach of Rena Bianca;
- the Nuraghe of Lu Brandali and La Testa.