Loceri is a small town in the province of Ogliastra, set about 200 meters asl, surrounded by lush natural vegetation, olive groves and vineyards, in an area rich in natural springs. There are many theories about the origin of the place name: according to some it derives from the Etruscan language (in fact the Etruscans were usually called Luceri), according to others, indeed, it derives from "Luceres", a Roman gens of Etruscan origin; finally someone believs that derives from the Latin word "locus aeris" (copper land).
Although the town was mentioned for the first time in 1316, the presence of nuraghi (Baulacci, Puliga and Cea) and the domus de janas of Sa Mardona reveal that the area was inhabited since the ancient times. During the Middle Ages it belonged to the Judicature of Cagliari; destroyed in 1316, Loceri was rebuilt and passed under the control of the Aragonese crown and, later, to the Piemontese State.
- the nuraghi of Cea and Serra Uleri, the giants' graves and the domus de janas of Sa mardona;
- the Church of San Pietro the Apostle, built in the XVIII century, with one nave and lateral chapels. The elegant façade is preceded by a staircase and a colonnaded porch;
- the country Church of Sacro Cuore, in Taccu hamlet, buil in the first half of the XX century;
- the country Church of San Bachisio, set on the outskirts of Luceri;
- Cea inlet, with fine white sand and lush Mediterranean vegetation;
- the Ethnographic Museum "Sa Domu ‘e s'Olia", housed in an old mill built in the first years of the XX century.