Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all'uso dei cookie.

Accetta

 

english

you are here: Home Sardinia Sardinian East Coast Cardedu

Stay

Visit a locality browsing the menu on the left. In each Italy area you can then choose the best touristical structures we are proposing.

Print this page Send to a friend by e-mail

Share:
fb-like
g-plus

Cardedu

Description

Municipality in the province of Ogliastra, located a short distance from the sea along the eastern coast of Sardinia, characterized by stretches of sandy beaches alternated by others of pebbles, high cliffs and small isolated and picturesque coves. The sea proposes amazing colors and is crystal clear. The violent blowing of the winds, make these waters a paradise for surfers. The local economy mainly relies on tourism, good food and fine wine products.
The Cardedu area was inhabited since ancient times, as evidenced by the presence of nuraghi and the domus de Janas, still visible today. The town was founded only recently and is the result of the combination of local inhabitants and the people from the nearby town of Gairo, forced to flee and abandon their homes and seek refuge near the sea after the flood in 1951. According to local traditions, there was already a smaller settlement in the nearby, inhabited by people from Gairo. The first town, just a few houses built around a small church, was called the Borgata. Cardedu was initially a district of the nearby town of Gairo, but, in 1984, it was recognized as an autonomous municipality.

Attractions:
- the Parish church dedicated to St. Paul the Apostle, which is a modern building dating from the 70s' of the XX century. Inside are preserved fine paintings by Anna Demurtas and Mauro Marongiu;
- the Church of Our Lady of Buoncammino. A rural church of ancient origins, the original structure was built during the period between 710 A.D. and year 1015. In ruins, it was completely rebuilt and renovated in 1801;
- Mount Ferru, surrounded by acres of woods, is a natural complex of rare beauty;
- the Holy Well Su Presoneddu in the district of Cucuddadas;
- the Nuraghi and Domus de Janas;
- the beautiful sandy beaches.

Map

This town web page has been visited 24,712 times.

Choose language

italiano

english