Osini is a hilly town in the province of Ogliastra. Although the area was inhabited since the Iron Age, evidenced by important archaeological finds dating back to the Nuraghic period, the town was founded between the IV and the XI century AD, when the coastal population abandoned the Roman and Punic sites to take refuge in the hinterland, preventing the pirate raids. "Villa d'Osono" (probably referring to Villa d'Osini, documented since the XVI century) is mentioned in a document of 1217. Osini old center was abandoned in 1951, after a terrible flood; the population moved one Km to the south.
- the nuraghe Urceni, surrounded by old oaks overlooking the Taccu plateau;
- Serbissi archaeological complex, the most beautiful nuraghe of Taccu di Osini, consisting in a central tower and other three towers joined together by a wall;
- the nuraghe Orrutu, monotower with tholos vaulted room;
- the nuraghe Sanu, a big montower with tholos vaulted room;
- de s'Orku Giants' Graves;
- Osini old town, abandoned in 1951, with its stone houses (some still decorated in red and blue), wooden doors and the XVII century church dedicated to Santa Susanna;
- the Scala di San Giorgio (St. George's staircase), Sardinia Natural Monument, a narrow gorge enclosed by high limestone and dolomite walls and crossed by a paved road;
- the Taccu Plateau, about 30sKm, bordered to the east by St. Geaorge's staircase;
- the country church of San Giorgio;
- the country church of Santa Lucia, in Fluminy village;
- the parish church of San Giuseppe, built after 1951, with one nave and barrel vault.