A municipality in the province of Novara, whose territory is divided into several districts and villages, all different one to each other and all characterized by the presence of important historical sites:
- Briallo, for example, features several late medieval mansions; Lagna was cited in a document of the XIX century; and the presence of Opagliolo is attested since the XII century. The town is also famous for the presence of faucet and tap factories, the first of which opened in 1920.
The discovery of some artifacts in the area evidence the presence of a settlement since the second Iron Age. It has also been demonstrated that there was a presence of the Lombards in the territory. The medieval center was protected by a castle, which was destroyed in 1311 during clashes with the Ghibellines of Novara. Subsequently the bishops of Novara obtained the title of Count and exercised their authority for a long period. The present municipality was established in the second half of the XVI century by the union of three existing villages and here the Bishop Serbelloni established a new parish.
- the Church of San Michele, built in the XI century in Romanesque style, of which only few traces remain, features a bell hanging from a six storey square tower with mullioned windows and columns of various sizes. Rebuilt in the XVII century in Baroque style, it still proposes its original frescoes;
- the Church of San Carlo Borromeo, which was built in 1674 in Alpiolo and is preceded by a portico with four columns and flanked by a Bell tower with a square base. It features a one nave plan and has been repeatedly restored and enlarged over the centuries;
- the Parish Church of San Maurizio, built on an existing chapel and consecrated in 1590, it currently appears as the result of a reconstruction began in 1760;
- the XVII century Church of the Immaculate Vergin in Bacchiore, which was built to honor an image of the Madonna found miraculously in the nearby;
- the Church of Saint Anthony in Briallo, whose presence is documented since 1590. Damaged several times, it has been continuously rebuilt;
- the Church of Madonna delle Grazie in Sazza, built in 1739 on the remains of a pre-existing building;
- the Oratory of San Giulio at the Fountain in Opagliolo which dates back to the XVI century;
- the Church of the Addolorata, built in 1756 and located in Opagliolo;
- the Oratory of San Rocco in Lagna, which dates back to 1617;
- the Chapel of the Palace of the Bettoja, built in 1765;
- the Carlaccio in Opagliolo, a massive fortified wall, built in dry stone before year 1000, whose original use is still unknown;
- the late medieval houses to Briallo;
- Casa Brioschi;
- the Roman bridge;
- the Museum of the water works and faucets;
- the Theatre of the Stonecutters.