The town's name derives from the Latin person's name "Rubius", to which adding the suffix "-anus" indicates the ownership.
Municipality in the province of Padua, located in the Veneto-Friuli plain, the area of Rubano, once crossed by the River Brenta, which today flows further north, is currently washed by smaller streams.
The discovery of Roman remains, including the remains of dwellings of the I century A.D., evidence the colonization by the Empire, to which the area owes the construction of the Via Gallica. After the decline of the power of Rome, the territories, left with no defenses, suffered a long period of decline. The area was invaded by Barbarians and Lombards, so the local inhabitants sought refuge in more inland locations. The first documented evidence that attests the presence of the town of Rubano date back to year 1000. In the XIII century, the territories were devastated by Ezzelino of Romano, who had just lost his dominion over the city of Padua. In the early years of the XV century, the town submitted the dominion of Venice and enjoyed a period of relative calm, interrupted only by the siege of Padua, in 1509, by the Austrians. The XIX century was characterized by alternating French and Austrian occupations, until in 1866 it became part of the Lombard-Venetian Kingdom.
- the Parish Church of Bosco dedicated to Saints Mary and Tebaldo, which was enlarged in the mid XVIII century. It features a façade embellished with statues, columns and mullioned windows, dominated by a tympanum. The present Bell Tower, was rebuilt after the original structure was destroyed by a strike of lightning in April 1857. The building is flanked by a belfry with mullioned windows and topped by a spire;
- the Church of San Villaguattera, which preserves inside an altarpiece depicting Saint Prosdocimo, patron saint of the village, to whom the church is dedicated. It is flanked by a fine XII century Romanesque Bell Tower;
- the Parish Church of Sarmeola, entitled to Bishop San Fidenzio;
- the Church of Santa Maria Assunta, built in 1297;
- the Ethnographic Park with its beautiful pond, educational farm and mansion furnished with antiques;
- the historical main center.